Hiding My Heart

The truth is, I kind of liked Brian.  As a friend though.  Not as a boyfriend. 

My phone rang.  Another call from the "AGNY."

"Did you figure it out yet?" Marissa's voice asked.

"You're speaking in freaking riddles and I don't understand your crap!" I replied back.

"Go to the news now," Marissa's voice gradually became softer.

"Why-"

"Just do it."

I searched for my remote and turned my T.V. on to channel 5.

"There has been yet another murder in a hardware store in Manhattan.  Just like the last murder, there seems to be traces of metal that are seemingly gone." the reporter announced.

No.  It's not him.

"Y'know Brian has a twin.  He might have a copy to the file too," I managed to say.  There was no way that my Brian could even be capable of this.  He was too idiotic and stupid!

"Ask where Brian was yesterday then." Marissa urged.  I

"I don't believe you." Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.  Brian was too sweet to murder anyone.  Heck, he was Brian!

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend then?"

"First of all, we are not a couple.  Second of all, I know he didn't do it because I trust him," I shot back.

"Just be careful, sweetie.  I don't want to see you get hurt," Marissa said with genuine concern and worry.  She was like a second mother to me sometimes.

"I'm a tough cookie.  I can handle myself," I said gently. She laughed lightly. 

"Alright Serena, talk to you later.  Some interns have broken the fax machine.  Dumb asses," Marissa muttered.  I nearly laughed if I wasn't worried about Brian.

I hung up.  Then I rapidly dialed Brian's number.  I wanted the truth from him, no matter how hard it would be to accept it.  When I didn't hear his voice,  I left a voice mail telling him to meet me at Grand Central Park.   In a way, we were going to have "the talk."

------------------------------

;D