Prologue

Quinn is just another average girl, going through the time of her teenage years, she's honestly quite the loner, her best friend left a year ago because she had to move away, this caused Quinn to push others away from grief as she leaned on her best friend for a long time. Since then she just hasn't cared to meet any new people, her relationship with her dad and brother has improved though.

Quinn doesn't actually have a mother, you see while she was giving birth to her daughter, Quinn, she passed away. This was partly caused by the fact that doctors said she couldn't have another child, but as soon as Quinn's mother was pregnant with her second child, her and Quinn's father had some small hope that they would be a part of a new son or daughters life.

Everything went well throughout the pregnancy, actually it did until the mothers water broke a month before she was actually supposed to give birth. They managed to get to the hospital just in time, but as they brought her in and Quinn's dad waited outside, throughout the minutes of waiting a doctor came out with his new daughter and a sympathetic look on their face.

The doctor said that they gave his wife an emergency Caesarean and it sadly caused her to pass away during the process. He broke into tears of mixed joy and sadness. The doctor gave him a small hug and handed him his baby.

Since then, they had a small funeral for Quinn's mother but there was no more information given about her death. This probably would have confused her husband but he was too depressed as to care for it, he just wanted his wife back.

Now that it's the present, his daughter is a full fledged sixteen year old, one with bright smiles and energy but a slight temper. They're relationship broke for a little bit from a sudden outburst of anger from the poor girl, but over the last few months he's seen a change in her personality. She's became more closed and shy, she used to be the girl who was the centre of attention and who would light the room as she walked in.

Quinn's father realised this but brushed it off as it may have been because of her ended friendship with her best friend. Turns out that was only partly the case.

Quinn herself has the ability to pause time whenever she likes, this means that she doesn't have a care in the world for anyone else as she can make friends with whoever she likes when time isn't moving.

She jumps along classrooms and sometimes plays mischief when the teachers aren't teaching, although Quinn has a big love for mischief she would never steal test papers or purposely hurt others.

Now she finds school to be her place of joy, a place to focus on herself and forget the bad things.