Ch1: Just another day

Why can't I just have a good sleep for one night! Of course my insomnia loves when I wake up at four in the morning on a school night.

It's fine I can just pause and get a couple more hours in, thank god for this time ability thing, right? I tap the air as if I'm touching a drop of rain and the world stops around me, I hear the wind quieten down and my dads snoring slow to a stop. I climb out my bed and walk down to my older brothers room. Grabbing a pen from his bedside I walk over to him sitting on his bed, making out with his boyfriend, shirt off and in mid fall.

I burst out laughing at the sudden sight in front of me and I start my masterpiece on his face. It was hard to dodge the fact that he was in mid snog but I managed to draw bunny teeth under his lips and write 'fuck this' on his forehead. With an amused face, I throw the pen on my bed and rush back out the door and closing it but not fully.

I click my fingers and watch the two boys fall on the bed, his boyfriend opens his eyes, breaking them apart and looks at my great artistic work. While my brother is catching his breath, he turns his head towards me and smirks. I smirk back and leave them to have privacy, shutting the door fully this time.

I rush back to my bed, tip toeing as to not wake my dad who is in full REM mode and quietly creep, falling back on the surface, pausing time once again and attempting to get back to sleep.

...

I clicked my fingers a couple of bourse ago, making now to be morning. I walk downstairs to see the lovebirds making breakfast. August, my brother is cooking some eggs while Casper has his arms wrapped around him. I smile at the two of them and walk down, sitting and greeting them.

"Morning guys!" I chirp. They both slightly jump and turn around to look at me. "Oh hi Quinn!" Says Casper who still has an arm wrapped around his boyfriends waist. I look to see my brother, smiling back at me and I have to suddenly keep myself composed as he still has my drawings on his face.

I break, laughing but not being too loud because of my dad. "You still haven't told him?" I say crying amused tears. "I think you should do the honours, I've had to deal with this all night" Casper replies laughing. I turn to a confused August and finally confess my little joke to him. "I may have walked into your room when I paused last night and did a little piece of art all over there" I say signalling to his face.

August runs up the stairs and to the bathroom. I hear him give a slight scream as he looks at his marked face. This wakes my dad up and he rushes out his room to my brother. "What happened!" I hear him shout and then also hear my name being called. Casper gives me a thumbs up and goes back to finishing breakfast.

I walk up the stairs and into the bathroom with a cheeky grin on my face. He attempts to look firm but ends up bursting out laughing, me joining in. Still in mid laughter he speaks. "You're g-grounded." My dad says to me. I frown at him, annoyed and walk back downstairs to Casper.

The other two join me not long after and our lovely cook serves our bacon and eggs. "Oh I can't wait to eatttt!" August says eagerly. He gives his boyfriend a little peck on the cheek and digs in to his meal. My dad thanks Casper for breakfast and they both make small talk.

My dad finishes first and places his empty plate in the sink. "I'll wash up" He says to us and heads to his bedroom to get ready for work. "So, what did you say to him?" I ask my brother. "I just told him you came in the middle of the night and drew on my face, don't worry I'm good at keeping secrets sis" I get up from my chair and give both boys a hug before getting myself ready.

...

I walk downstairs, fully ready for a new School day. I walk to the living room and see my brother and Casper cuddling while watching a random tv show that I don't know the name of. My dad walks over to me, giving me a kiss on my head before saying goodbye to all of us and heading to work.

I come sit beside the other two and watch tv with them for the next half an hour.

...

It finally becomes the time to leave and I hug both boys, giving my brother a kiss on the cheek and walk out my house, shutting the door behind me. I grab mittens out my pocket and slide them on, it's winter so I need my nice warm clothes. I groan in the cold air and wish I had gotten warming powers instead of my time ability.

I love my power but I sometimes wish it wasn't about pausing time. I daydream for the rest of my journey and then realise I'm already at the School. Walking in I slightly lower my head at the people around me, walk speedily to my locker.

I take my mittens and jacket and stuff them in the tiny enclosed space against all my folders. Barely being able to shut it, I lock the door and stick my key in my shirt pocket. I sigh and walk to my first class of the day.

End of chapter 1