You robotics ha! Kaela's POV

"Kaela! Time to get up!" said a female robotic voice.

"Just ten more minutes, Monica!" I moaned as I rolled to the other side of the bed.

"No! If I let you sleep then you'll miss school, and I'll have failed my orders!" Monica, my robot maid said, pulling the covers off me. I open my eyes and scream, being blinded by the light of morning.

"My eyes!"

"Time for school, Kaela!"

"Fine. I'm up!" I said as I got out of my cubicle and walked to the bathroom.

"A brush a brush time!"

"Shut up, Monica!" I commanded in a cranky tone.

"Auto-brush, on." I looked into my holomirror. I fingered my black braids with red highlights and brushed it away from my light brown skin.

"Auto-brush, activated." Auto turned on and brushed my teeth for me.

"Auto-brush off."

"Auto-brush deactivated." said my robotic bathroom assistant.

I walked into my changing tube and set it for school uniform. The tube door closed and the changing lasers activated. The tube opened and I walked out in my white, lab coat themed jacket, my blue long sleeved shirt with a robotic 'R', my school emblem, on it, and my blue school jeans, also with an 'R' embroidered onto them.

"Time for breakfast, Kaela!" Monica said.

"Yeah, I know! I know." I said as I pressed my open door button. I went to the teleporter and pressed the 'to Kitchen' button.

"Access failed."

"What?! Great. Just great..." Since my teleporter wasn't working, I had to walk down the stairs. I know...it's what people did years ago. It's an ancient thing that I have to use because our teleporter STILL doesn't work. Anyway...

"Honey, you know you can use the teleporter, right?" Mom said as she gave me my food pad. My two brothers as they laughed at me. Alex was the eldest at 18 years old. He has light brown skin, short black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing the same uniform as me. My other brother, Derrick, was 12, and also had brown eyes with light brown skin, but he was practically bold.

"Well, apparently Alex didn't fix it yet."

"Umm...I did. Derrick, show her." Alex said. My little brother Derrick used the teleporter to teleport upstairs and back.

"You millamanian twerp!" I yelled as I ran around, chasing him.

"Kaela Maddison Herpadashery!" Mom screamed at me.

I sat down, defeated, ordered my food and began to eat.

"So, the Science Fair is coming up in a month."

"Yep! I'm already done with my project. I'm sure to win the chemistry award!" Derrick gloated.

"You go, my little chemist!" Mom said cheerfully.

"Well, I've made a new computer software that replicates the speed and quality of the videos on that old website. What was it called...YouTube? It makes the poor quality of 1050 to 105000." Alex boasted.

"Wow! Excellent! I'll have to try it out later." Mom said. I'd like to try it out too, I think.

"I'm making a robot that will beat William this year for sure in robotics!" I said. My mom and my brothers laughed, "What? I can! Really, I can."

"Yeah right! If you did, it would just blow up in your face!" Alex snorted, making me mad.

"Hey guys, what're you talking about?" Said my BFF, Matthew, also a good robot maker. He has pale skin, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. He was also wearing the school uniform, but he was about five inches taller than me. Yes...I'm really short, okay?! It's not that it bothers me that my best friend who's a couple of months younger than me is way taller than me or anything...

"Kaela beating William in robotics!" Derrick laughed. Matt joined in with them.

"Really? Even you, Matt?!"

"I'm sorry, it's just that...I've seen your machines and they look cool and everything but it's just that they..."

"'It's just that they what?"

"It's just that they never work!" Alex teased.

"Honey, I know life has been rough since your dad died and that you promised to be the next big scientists in the family, it's just...why don't you choose another science to do like your brothers?" Mom said, trying to make me change my mind about robotics.

"No, mom. I want to be a Roboticist."

"I'm sorry, honey, but you're just not cut out for it." Mom replied in a sweet tone. What!! Thats the worst thing you could ever say to your child!!

"I'll show you! I'll show all of you! I'll be the best darn Roboticist you've ever seen!" I replied with confidence and boldness in my voice, as i stood up with determination.

"Robotics, you? Ha!" Monica said.

"Shut up, Monica!" I growled.

"See? Even the robots agree!" Alex chuckled. I just want to kill him so bad!

"Okay, Miss Roboticist. We don't want to be late." Matt said.

"Fine, I'll get my tablet." I said. Everyone was still laughing. Even Monica was laughing, and she's a robot!

I walked into my room, grabbed my tablet, went outside with Matt, and hopped on my hubboard. I'll show them! I can make a great and useful robot. They'll see!

They'll see....... THEY'LL SEE!