Shoelaces

* * *

NO REST FOR THE LEADER OF THE FIGHT

"Dux moritur in iumentis"

Were his shoes... tied together?  If only Remy hadn't fallen asleep, then he wouldn't have tied his shoelaces together.

He tried to slip the shoes off his ratty toes (he's a rat by the way), but they wouldn't budge.  He had tied his laces too tightly.

Even worse is that he lost his dinner.  Remy had been putting guac in one shoe and ketchup in another, as a snack between shifts at the restaurant.

Ever since Obama (he sighed at the sound of the name) had switched back to communism, the feisty rat felt inclined to add the delectable taste of guacamole and ketchup to the restaurant, and only that.

Obama, Obama, Obama, OBAMA!...

Barack Obama.

His heart quivered like the arrow in the eyes of a newborn cupid, falling for whom he must force upon someone else.  Remy felt as though he would never have had a chance with this prince, no... president, due to complications in ranking.

A chef with a president?  The arts mingling with the politics, threatening to make time unstuck, to level out timelines with something so impossible, yet so desirable...  A new kind of love.

Ex-critic Ego is a blank, tall and ghastly man, ready to wisp away at any moment.  He adores food, using it as a way to fulfill the rest of himself.  Needless to say, the tired Ego was delighted with the change of menu from simple dishes to the gourmet ketchup and avocado spread caused by Remy's one and only,  and Ego even went to suggesting that they change the name to "The Squish and Squelch", referencing the sound Remy's not-so-sneaky sneakers would make, paws kneading the condiments and sauce.

This however allowed the rise of a capitalist cult, "The Musty Mustard Crevice".  It was a dastardly place determined to show off their crusty coconut milk and mustard filled gloves, clearly copied from Remy's own restaurant.

Avacadon't.

Colette is a hardworking chef, always determined to keep on progressing in her culinary career. After keeping her station clear and fighting through the career chain, she had decided she wanted a break, and despite feeling at home her boyfriend, Linguini, she thought it won't do any harm to pay her parents a visit. Even if she hadn't exactly pained to be away from them, it was nice to see them and to take a break from life.

With this, Linguini had also left for vacation elsewhere, seeing as the timing was well-placed, and he decided to bring a longtime friend with him.  To Remy, Linguini wasn't available, but he was fast, able to outpace anyone or vehicle on his roller blades or heelys.

Remy sighed, not wanting to interrupt his vacation for a workplace error.  He had another shift coming soon, and he wasn't about to lose his customers.  Remy dialed up Linguini on his barbie makeup palette phone, hoping he could come in time.

* * *

A MELANCHOLIC VALUE FOUND IN A LONELY AFTERNOON

"Tristem factum est vespere ad bibere"

Linguini Alfredo was exhausted by the intriguing dialogue of a friend, one-sided chatter from the luscious lips of RuPaul to the ears of a talented server, and after a long day of vacation, the raspberry-haired server began to fall into a slumber, struggling to keep his head up and threatening to lean onto RuPaul.