You Again

“Oh.. OH! Hey Chrissy, long time no physical contact.” He yelled while chuckling.

“What are you doing here?” I angrily whispered to him.

“You didn’t give me time to explain myself in the park. I’m new to Minbrooke and need a little guidance to the North high school.”

“Sorry, I’ve got to go to the principal.. See you, I guess” I wanted to slap myself. Why was I being so nice to that weirdo?

“Lucky young boy. She’s a fox. Maybe you can snatch a cougar.” He did another weird wink as I pushed past him to the office. I scoffed and went on my way.

Being in the same room as Ms. Johnson did sort of make me uncomfortable. She was “a fox” as Louis remarked.

I glanced at the wedding photo on her desk beside her computer.

After a few seconds I shook my head, feeling like a perv. She was married to one of our teachers, but he cheated on her and left with all of his guilt. I scoffed. Serves that jackass right for cheating on such a beautiful, perfect woman.  Just then Ms. Johnson made her way into the office. She looked just the same as in the photo. Ever since I arrived my freshman year Ms. Johnson has been everything but mean to me. And that means a lot, accounting the fact that I am such a “troublesome teenager”, as the guidance counselor tells me.

She sat down and smiled. “Chris. Mr. Jones told me what you said. There has to be a reason, you’re such a nice bright young man. Why’d you say it?”

“He commented on how terrible I look today, making everyone else in the class laugh at me.” I looked at a distant window.

“ Do you have a girlfriend, Chris?”

I blushed. “What?! Ms. Johnson, I-I-I..” I stuttered as she interrupted.

She chuckled. “Chris. What I mean is, do you have a girlfriend or any friends in that class? Did they laugh at you?”

“I don’t have any friends in that class… But Rebecca.. She didn’t laugh.” I decided to steer clear of the girlfriend subject.

“I’m just wondering for a witness analysis of the incident. Do you think she will be willing to tell me what happened?”

“I couldn’t think why not.” I kept catching myself looking at Ms. Johnson. Imagining things that were extremely unrealistic.

“Things will be resolved, Chris. Don’t fret.” She got up and opened the door for me to leave. I could almost swear I saw a wink from her left eye when she said that. Unrealistic.