Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Lea

"Bye doc, bye sir Aga! Thank you po." Alyssa said cheerfully habang pababa ng sasakyan. That made us smile too. She seems happy, kung titignan ko siya para siyang walang problema. But if you look deep on her soulful eyes, there you'll see sadness and despair that she's trying to hide from the people around her.

"Bye Alyssa, and you're always welcome." Aga said lively at her. "And take care ha." I added and she just nod and gave us a warm smile before closing the car's door.

"Babes, Alyssa is a sweet girl no?" Aga asked as soon as Alyssa went out from the car. We offered to take her home, so we can assure that she's safe, pero nung una ayaw niya, cause she's gonna meet her friend pa daw. But i insist. Its a good thing na may kaibigan siya, how i wish na hindi yun katulad nung mga kinekwento niya, para kahit papano she'll feel na hindi siya nag-iisa. People who love and care for her is what she needs. So instead na sa bahay, sa coffee shop namin siya hinatid ni Aga dahil yun daw ang meeting place nila.

"Yes she is Ags, nalulungkot lng ako, na kailangan niyang maranasan ang lahat ng ito. I mean, look at her? She doesn't deserve to feel unloved, to feel unwanted, she doesn't deserve those cruel things that is happening on her babes." I said as i trance her way to the cafe's entrance.

"Malalampasan niya lahat yan babes, she's a brave girl. And isa pa she's helping by one of the exemplary psychiatrist in town." He boastfully stated as he held my hand. I heartily chuckle, and pinched his cheeks as i roll my eyes.

"What? I'm stating the truth babes." He added as he catch my hand and intertwined it with his. I love how my hands perfectly fit with his, na para bang it's personally made for him. My gosh i'm being cheesy here.

Well what he is saying is a matter of fact. I am awarded as the most Outstanding Psychologist by the Psychological Association of the Philippines by three consecutive years now but aside from those awards, what i really want and love is that how i'm able to help my patients. Those awards are just bonus.

I am not like those others who are contented to just meet their patients for a few minutes and prescribed some medications. I am not like that, i don't like the idea of that. I don't like the idea of pre scripting, i just do that if it's really necessary.

What i want to do, is to deal with the roots of the problem. I love how i am able to help them experience the emotional healing, for their betterment, able to help them grow, and realize and see that life is beautiful. I know its not easy, but i am committing my whole life and effort to change their perspective in life. To make them realize that life is beautiful, the gift of life, that God has given us is a wonderful blessing.

And in Alyssa's case, that's what she needs to realize. She has better life ahead of hers, and i will do everything to make it happen.

"Babes we're here." Aga tapped my shoulder habang hawak ang pintuan ng sasakyan.

"Oh" that's the only reaction i gave, ni hindi ko namalayan na andito na pala kami sa bahay.

--
"Babes, does Clara texted you already? I worriedly asked as i glanced at my phone. Kanina ko pa siya tinatawagan and its out of reach. 5 pm uwian niya, and its already 7pm for pete sake and she's not here yet. Aga dialed Clara's number again but as what happened earlier, it's out of reach.

"Not yet babes, di ko matawagan eh, ganun din si Brie. Pero tatawagan ko si Richard baka andun sa kanila" I just nod my head and hinanap ang iba pang pwedeng contacts sa phone ko.

"Babes, Clara is not there at hindi niya kasama si Brie. Nakauwi na daw ito kanina pa." I started fidgeting my finger and walk back and forth on the sala. This is the first time she did this, usually nagtetext siya kung anong oras siya uuwi kasi nagpapasundo siya kay manong, but today, hindi daw siya nagsabi man lng kay manong at hindi niya kasama si Brie. This is unbelievable!