Chapter 1

Lea
It's 2 in the afternoon at ngayon lang natapos ang session namin nung isa kung patient. He was going through a lot of things that's why maybe, he thinks that ending his life is the only way to escape from the reality of life.

Well, he is not the first patient na naencounter ko na nagtangkang magpakamatay ni hindi ko na nga mabilang sa mga kamay ko kung ilan na sila.

Isa pa, somehow, I understand them. Dahil noon, isa ako sa kanila and luckily i'm able to cope the darkest moments of my life na akala ko ay hindi na ako makakaalis pa.

As a psychiatrist, i'm happy that i'm able to help my patients who are going through a lot at mga nawawalan ng pag-asa sa buhay. Yung mga taong depressed at pakiramdam ay nag-iisa lang sila sa mundo. I rested my back on my swivel chair and removed my glasses and sighed deeply and closed my eyes

"Hi mommy! Oh, i'm so sorry did i disturbed you?" Clara, my daughter said and bit her finger tips that made me smile. She always do that pag kinakabahan siya.

"Hi dear! Oh no, love i was just resting my eyes from that glasses. What brought you here love?" I asked as I went near her and kissed her

"I just want to remind you mommy about po sa date natin mamaya." Oh I almost forgot, its been a long day for me and as to mention, I still have 3 hours before my shift ended. Probably, mga dalawang patients pa yun.

"No anak, i wont forget. I almost, but now i won't. I promise." I said that made her chuckle

"Okay mommy, I'll go ahead. See you later, I love you."

"I love you more anak." Clara, bade her goodbye and upon leaving, my secretary knocked on my door to said that I already have a patient that is waiting for me. Okay then.

"Andiyan na po siya sa loob dra. Heto po yung record niya."

"Okay thank you." I browse the folder that she gave me and read it as I walk through the other room.

Her name is Alyssa and she's just 18. They have the same age if she's here. I sighed and closed the folder. Most of my patients are teens, nakakaawa at nakakalungkot mostly sila ang biktima ng depression o hindi kaya ay ng karahasan. Many people take advantage of their weaknesses and vulnerability.

"Hi Alyssa!, what do you want me to call you? I am dra. Lea." I said and sit adjacent to hers and look at her.

A minute passed and i got no response from. Her face isn't showing any emotion.

"Ehem, would you like to share something?" I asked again and as what happened earlier, she did not say a word

"Okay, i'll wait, would you mind?"
After that question, hindi muna ako nagsalita. They need some time to talk or hindi kaya ay tumingin sayo. You have to be patient.

"I don't need you. I don't need your help, there is nothing wrong with me." Finally she said coldly and stared at me while she says those things. I feel like I was in a stare game competition cause she's not breaking the contact.

"Honey, I know there is nothing wrong with you, i'm just here to listen sa kahit ano pa man na gusto mong sabihin sa'kin. I want to help you ease the pain that you are going through. I know its not easy hun, but trust me please? Just please. We'll make through this just trust me." Now tears are brimming down from her eyes and her lips started to quiver.

I expected this to happen, most of them, by just merely looking at them, they seem brave and strong but deep inside, they're not. They are helpless and vulnerable.

I feel the urge to hug her and console her. I wasn't sure if she'll let me but i'll try. I immediately gave her a hug, and by that, she breakdown and hug me as tight as she could.

"Pssshhh, it's okay. Everything will be alright, just cry, let it out." Her cry gets louder and louder, and I just let her as she rest in my arms.

-----
The talk with Alyssa went surprisingly well. She opens up everything and i assured her that I will help her and I will be there with her along the way. Mahirap ang pinagdadaanan niya she was being bullied at her school and the persons who she trusts and love betrayed her as well. Her friends always said hurtful things behind her back, her parents is not always around for her and she's no one to talk too but herself .

"Jen? Mauna na ako ha? Bye."

"Okay doc, ingat po." I bade her goodbye and walked to the parking lot.

"Hello Clara? Where are you? Are you there already?" I called Clara while buckling my seatbelt

"Yes mom, andito na po ako."

"Okay love, wait for me i'm on my way."
After 20 minutes of driving, agad akong nakarating sa mall na napagusapan namin ni Clara. I immediately went to our favorite resto and spot her almost immediately.

"Did you order na?" I asked as i sit beside her
"Yes mommy and i ordered your favorite." She said and goofily smiled at me. Okay, I know what she's up to

"Clara, anak i know that smile huh? What is it?" I asked na ikinalaki ng mata niya

"Uy! Uy mommy wala ah, promise hehehehe." I rolled my eyes at her that made her chuckled and I asked her again i know she's up to something, I know my daughter so well.

"Ah eh m-mommy? Can we go to my favorite boutique? Please?" Aha! Bingo, sabi na nga ba eh

"Of course love, whatever you want." I said and she immediately hugged me

"Thank you mommy! Thank you so much, i love you!" She said cheerfully habang yakap yakap ako, Clara is the sweetest gift from above.

"You're always welcome anak, oopps! Looks like all attention are on us." I said chuckling when I noticed that everyone in this resto is looking at us while Clara just naughtily smiled at me and sit back on her seat.

Hay! A smile that doesn't fail to removed the tiredness I am feeling every time I see it and I do hope, that It'll not fade when the time comes....Once she knew everything.