XVII

Jungkook was anxiously waiting for Chaeyoung outside their building. It's been a week since that incident. Chaeyoung was not responding to his chats or text messages nor was she answering his calls.

This time, Jungkook was sure that Chaeyoung was avoiding him on purpose. It was already half hour past five but he hasn't seen Chaeyoung yet. He was about to go back inside the building when he saw Chaeyoung and Taehyung going outside.

He was shocked at the sight of them together. He hurriedly turned around and dashed away. He hailed the first cab that passed by him and got inside immediately, grateful that it was vacant.

When he reached home, he went straight to the kitchen to grab a beer. He took off his coat and loosened his tie. His mind kept replaying the scene he saw earlier today. Taehyung had his arm over Chaeyoung's shoulder while they were talking to each other. Taehyung was beaming while Chaeyoung looked casual.

Casual? Did I really remember it right? Chaeyoung looked casual? But why would she look that way if they already got back together? Shouldn't she be elated by it? However, she didn't look that way at all.

Did they really get back together? Or did I misread the current turn of events? What if they weren't back together after all? What if my assumptions were wrong all this time?

BUT. What if I'm right? What if Chaeyoung and Taehyung are already back together? What am I supposed to do? Argh!

... ... ... ... ...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Seriously! What's wrong with this guy? He barged in here without saying anything and went straight to the mini bar. Now he is about to finish a bottle of whiskey yet I still haven't heard a word from him." Mingyu groaned.

"He's with you?! Good. Keep him there and don't let him out of your sight. I'll be coming over." Yugyeom answered.

"What? Am I a babysitter now?"

"Just do as I say dude!"

"Whatever! Hurry up before he empties my bar."

"Don't worry! I'll ask Bambam to refill your bar for you." Yugyeom chuckled.

"Alright, go ahead and tell the others as well."

"Okay!"

After Mingyu finished the call, he went to sit beside Jungkook on the high stool. Jungkook was already slumped on the table while he was looking straight ahead.

"I miss her, terribly. I missed her so much. But I can't go to her although I wanted to. Before, I was so afraid to introduce myself. But now I find it more difficult not to approach her whenever she's around. I'm not sure how long I can do this. I cannot pretend anymore. I'm just dying to be with her." Jungkook cried.

"Then what the hell are you doing here?!" Mingyu exclaimed.

Jungkook felt like all his drunkenness vanished from Mingyu's startling reaction.

"Dude calm down, will you? I was just saying . . ." He explained while trying to get up.

Jungkook wiped off the tears left on his cheeks and heaved a deep sigh. He stumbled off his chair.

Then he patted Mingyu's shoulder as he was saying, "Thanks Mingyu."

Jungkook was walking to the door when Mingyu called after him.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"To her." He slightly tuned his head to answer while forcing his drooping eyes open.