V

While riding the bus, Jungkook can’t hide his excitement just thinking about his parents. It had been a while since he went home to visit, causing him to miss them so much.

When he reached their house, he called out but no one answered. So he went directly inside, finding no one to welcome him. He looked around the house and found his mother cooking in the kitchen. He sneakily ducked up behind her and gave her a good scare afterwards.

“Goodness gracious Jeon Jungkook! You are going to cause your mother a heart attack!” She rattled while weakly punching Jungkook on his shoulder.

Jungkook hugged his mother tightly, “Are you really mad at me now? You just pronounced my whole name. I am so sorry Mom. I really missed you so much. I can’t help wanting to surprise you.”

“If you really missed me that much then you should have come home often. Are you actually that busy?”

Jungkook exhibited his most adorable doe-eyed look, “I was terribly busy at work. I can hardly even breathe. I promise to come home as often as I could from now on.”

“You also told me that last time.”

“Then maybe, going home today after my last visit a month ago is already as much as I could. I’m really sorry Mom.”

“Are you sure you were busy because of work? It wasn’t because of some girl?”

“Who’s the lucky girl? Why don’t you bring her here to visit?” His father interrupted.

Jungkook and his father then hugged each other as tightly.

“I wish I have an affirmative answer to that Dad. But unfortunately, I was busy purely with work.”

Jungkook’s mother interrupted, “Why would that be unfortunate? Focusing on your work is better than getting hurt and being left alone at the altar.”

His father motioned his mother to keep quiet.

“It’s okay. I am all better now. You don’t have to worry about me,” Jungkook answered reassuringly.

“You can’t stop us from worrying about you Jungkook. You are our only child. And we only want what’s best for you.” His mother said.

“I know.” He answered with a grateful smile.

After lunch, Jungkook offered to accompany his father back to the farm.

“Why did you come?” His father asked Jungkook suspiciously.

“Why would you ask that? Well . . . Since I’m going to help you manage the farm in the near future, I should start keenly studying the business from now on.”

“You almost sound convincing. However, you are my son and I know you too well. So do I need to squeeze the truth from you?”

“Dad! I was sincere about trying to learn more about the farm from now on. And when you talk threateningly like that, you sound exactly like Mom. Are we not on the same side?”

His father just laughed, “Of course we are. And I trust your sincerity about helping me with our business. That is why I’m giving you time to go on your own for now. That way I can be confident that when you take over the farm, you can stand efficiently on your own.”

“Thank you Dad!”

“Now what is your girl trouble all about?”

Initially surprised when his father correctly predicted his worry, Jungkook then told his father all about how he and Chaeyoung first met up to their recent interactions.