1

May 2nd, 2030
Four hundred and twenty-two days without magic. I've been counting. Every day that goes by I gets more and more hopeless. I don't know what's controlling this or how I'm being controlled. Jo, Landon, Elena, and whoever else was locked up in that place, is not dealing with any of the same issues I'm dealing with. When I walk into a room people go silent. They automatically smile and say

"Hi, Hope! How are you on this fine day!" Like I haven't been taken from. Like something of mine hasn't been stolen.

Aunt Freya has been helping me. She's trying to help me get my magic back but it's not working.

Davina had the baby. It's a beautiful baby boy. Someone to finally carry on the Mikaelson name. His name is Henry. After his uncle Henrik.

Kol went back to New Orleans with Vincent, Freya, Mom, Dad, and Rebekah to show the witches there a lesson. They got Davina's magic back.

Henry is four months old and he's adorable. We all love him. He's definitely got some strong magic. When he's happy his toys float around him. When he's upset they fly across the room. We had to put a bracelet on him like they had to do to me when I was a baby.

The twins are doing great. Josie and Isa are back together. Rosa and Lizzie are getting along a little better.

Camille and my father are finally married.

I don't think my mother is ever going to get married again after what happened to Jackson. Which Uncle Elijah is okay with that.

Rebekah is still, of course, a vampire but she still wants to be a human.

Freya and Keelin are enjoying their lives with their daughters. Along with Vincent who can't seem to choose one woman.

Davina and Kol are happy as ever.

Marcel and Rebekah want a life together. But they are still confused.

Me? I don't know what I want.

I just want my magic back.

I thought being normal would be... normal.

But it's actually the opposite. Everyone stares at you. Makes sure you're okay. And of course, you have to say yes, because if you don't they will ask why. Then everything will blow up.

I'm always paranoid. I feel like Troika is coming to get me.

You're probably wondering about Eli.

He's doing wonderful.

He's great really.

***

"Are you going to get up today?" Mom says as she comes into my room opening the blinds. I cover my eyes with my comforter.

"Henry misses you." She says and I uncover my face.

"He's 4 months old. He doesn't even know what that word is." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Babies are smart." She says and I groan.

"Happy 18th birthday baby." She says to me and I smile a little.

"Thanks, mom," I say as she hugs me.

"Please come out of your room today so we can celebrate your birth today." She says and I laugh a little.

"Fine," I say getting out of my bed.

"Get out so I can get dressed," I say and she nods while walking out.

I look at all my paintings and they all look depressing. They are dark and gory.

"Happy birthday to me," I say as I splatter paint on an old painting ruining it.