6.

[A bit of a lighter/comedy relief-ish chapter just to get me back into the rhythm for this story.

going on to the story now~]

"I..."

Yoongi felt his throat grow dry.

'I want your truth, hyung.' His truth? Hell if Yoongi even knew his own truth. To him, his heart was nothing short of a labyrinth filled with denials — things he didn't wish to admit to himself, things he convinced himself to be factual but actually weren't, in an effort to maintain a fairly reasonable life despite the odds.

Of course, it never worked.

Yoongi slowly raised his gaze to meet Taehyung's stern ones, feeling himself slowly succumbing to the concealed dominance that laid within the depths of brown hues. Still, he swallowed and glanced away, suddenly feeling the air grow hotter and more restrictive even with the air conditioner currently working amidst the winter temperature.

"W-what are you talking about..?" He murmured unconvincingly, only for Taehyung to sigh and rest his forehead against his.

"You know what I mean, hyung."

Strong arms captured his frail waist in them, the way that they fit as perfectly as two puzzle pieces not missing Yoongi's heightened awareness at the younger male's every moments, down to his heartbeat.

"Trust me. I'll always catch you."

Yoongi fell.

. . . .

"I... I'm a little."

Yoongi muttered with a flustered expression, sitting crisscross from Taehyung who seemed to observe him meticulously from across the dining table. His hands shook, dreading the reaction he was about to receive— would he be cast out? Disgraced?— only to grow completely flabbergasted at the other's response.

"A— sorry, what? Little, like.. height? Weight? I didn't really ask, but okay. Thank you for telling me, hyung."

His jaw dropped.

Idiot.
Yoongi facepalmed and groaned, standing up to grab a glass of water as he felt himself growing drained.

"Just.. Look it up yourself if you're so curious, stupid!"

He rushed to the kitchen only to rest his back against the counter, a hand palming his chest in an effort to calm his rapidly-beating heart. How could he ever even think Taehyung had the slightest maturity to understand? The kid obviously thought more with his fists over anything else...

He sighed before finally retrieving the glass, eager to have a moment's worth of distraction.

. . . .

"So... a little. Stuffed toys, candies.. what the hell?" Taehyung mumbled to himself as he gazed over the results of the search engine on his screen. "These are things he likes normally.. what's the difference?"

He scratched the back of his neck before a site caught his eye:

'Acting like a child...' 'Stress-relief.'

The words seemed familiar to him and almost relevant to his speculations— not that he would admit it. He had an inkling of what Yoongi may be getting at, of course. Though now he is finally getting somewhere: he's finally hearing it from his hyung's own lips. No matter what it is, from deep within, he's very certain he would accept it.

Anything for his beloved hyung.
. . . .

"So do you understand now?" Yoongi barked to the younger male who sat obediently on the chair, nodding as if in response to the Drill Sergeant. "Yes, sir, I understand! So, to get to the important issue, do I change your diapers now, or—"

Before Taehyung could finish his sentence, he was smacked in the face with a teddy bear.

. . . .

It took some convincing before the bothersome young male could finally leave his apartment. For some reason, his revelation made him feel lighter in contrast to the tension that has been holding him back from the beginning: he was uncertain whether it was because Taehyung proved to be too much of a man child to assess the intensity of the situation or Yoongi merely felt too comfortable in the presence of the other. Whichever one it is, he was grateful for the night he could finally let out a breath of relief.

He smiled gently to himself as he looked over to his desk, gaze glued to the framed photo of him with Taehyung who had just finished middle school.

"You... have truly grown up, haven't you?"

He felt his heart skip a beat as he recalled his gentle, lingering touches before shaking his head in dismissal.

Must have been all of the walking he has done today..

Time to get some rest.