7.

[loooong time no see, guys! happy new year, happy holidays, etc etc.

i'll get back to writing this again, thank you for the patience~ here's a chapter of vkook for all of you!]

"Kook."

The brunette looked up at the sound of his apartment door clicking open, surprise evident in his gaze before it melts away into a warm smile, his heart skipping just a beat as he eagerly moves his chair to make space for the older.

"Hyung! You, uh.. you made it."

Jungkook would never admit it, but their monthly tradition of having sleepovers solely for the purpose of playing their asses off and watching movies together helped him hold on to the image of a poised, picture-perfect Class President he has grown to loathe for a while.

After all, with the elder, he could be himself as much as he wanted. And that was enough.

Taehyung chuckles and grins softly at the younger, whose large glasses did nothing to obscure the happiness gleaming in his expression. He ruffles his hair gently and takes a seat, cracking his knuckles in preparation before looking at the computer with all seriousness.

"Of course I did. Now, let's kick some alien butt, cookymonster."

Jungkook couldn't help his smile from growing as he turns to his own screen, his expression morphing to mimic the other's before nodding in agreement.

"Right back at you, vantae."

. . . .

"Tae-hyung."

"Hm?"

"You seem, uh- how do I put it... happy?"

Taehyung blinks and turns to face Jungkook, who was currently lying down on the floor as he watched the Iron Man movie, a tradition during their sleepovers. He looks back down to his current task of rummaging through the younger's food cabinet to grab some snacks, laughing softly before making his way back.

"Is that so?"

The brunette nods at his hyung and pats the space beside him on the blankets, the older immediately slipping at the empty spot as if he was always meant to be there.

Jungkook felt his heart jump, but he pretended not to notice.

He pretended not to notice the warmth of the older's shoulders brushing against his, the soft breaths that he seemed to focus so much on, the small movements that made him tense up..

How could he notice when this man isn't even his?

"Yes, you do.. is this about the person you visited the other day?"

As he watched Taehyung's expression brighten, Jungkook felt his own dim just a little, before he forced a smile onto his face and turned back to the movie.

'Ah.. I suppose that's a yes, then.'

Well...

He shifted and gently nudged his back to Taehyung's side in a silent request for a snuggle, feeling the other's warm arms instinctively wrapping around his shoulders before he closes his eyes and leans into the embrace, his loving smile obscured by the darkness of the room just like his beating heart: continuously unnoticed, one-sided, and painful in the most pleasurable way possible.

'I'm sorry for my greed, hyung, but...'

'For tonight, I would like to pretend I have you just for myself.'