THREE

[Still set in 1.20]

  Sam and Dean are peacefully asleep while Oliver only has his eyes closed as he listens to John move around and the radio.

"Unit 22 let me confirm. Mile marker 41, abandoned car. You need a workup?" one asks.

"Copy that. Possible 207. Better get forensics out here."

  John, who was sitting at the table with the radio, stands up quickly and walks over to Sam, Dean and Oliver.  He slaps the two older boys' feet as he calls their names. For Oliver, John just smacks his shoulder. 

"Sam, Dean, up.  Kid, I know you're awake."

  Dean responds almost instantly with a lazy noise, despite being half asleep.  Sam sits up halfway, blinking the sleep from his eyes, and Dean starts rubbing the sleep from his eyes.  Oliver just opens his eyes and turns to look at John, trying to fix his hair a bit. 

“I picked up a police call,” John states.  Sam seems more awake already. 

“What happened?”

“A couple called 911, found a body in the street. Cops got there everyone was missing. It's the vampires.”

  Sam gets up from the bed. “How do you know?”

“Just follow me, ok?” John leaves the room without another word.

  Sam walks across the room to put his coat on, and Dean sits up, still half asleep.  "Huh, vampires. Gets funnier every time I hear it."

***
[Timeskip, daytime]

  John finishes talking to a cop on the scene and starts walking back to the boys, who are waiting by the Impala. 

"I don't see why we couldn't have gone over with him,"  Sam grumbles, sulking slightly. Oliver rolls his eyes as Dean sighs.

"Oh don't tell me it's already starting."

"What's starting?" Sam and Ollie ask at the same time.

  Dean ignores them and speaks to John.  "What have you got?"

"It was them all right. Looks like they're heading west. We'll have to double back to get around that detour," the eldest Winchester says.

"How can you be so sure?" Sam questions.

"Sam…" Dean mutters.  Oliver doesn't speak up, not wanting to get caught in the middle of whatever the fuck type of family argument this was.

"I just wanna know we're going in the right direction."

"We are." John sounds just completely done with this, making Oliver guess that this has happened far too often.

"How do you know?"

  John ignores the youngest Winchester and hands something to Dean. "I found this."

"It's a....a vampire fang."

"Not fangs, teeth. The second set descends when they attack." 

"It's also relatively rare for the teeth to fall out, at least while they're still in relatively good condition so this is kind of a lucky find," Oliver joins in with a small fact.  John gives him an annoyed but slightly approving glare before looking at Sam.

"Any more questions?"

  Sam looks away and stays silent.

"Alright then, let's get out of here, we're losing daylight."

  They start heading for their respective cars, Oliver trailing behind Sam and Dean, knowing that John still doesn't really approve of him.

"Hey Dean why don't you touch up your car before you get rust? I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I thought you were going to ruin it."