SIX

[Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals!  I'm just going to say this now.  I'm now trying to do an episode per chapter, so the chapters will get increasingly long.  This being the first of many.  Yeah...just wanted to tell you.  Hope you enjoy! (Also, some angst shall be in here because, of course, it wouldn't be Supernatural unless there's some angst)]

MANNING, COLORADO.

-3rd POV-

  On the motel room wall, John's research is pinned up. The walls are covered with information on the yellow eyed demon; weather charts, hieroglyphics, pictures, newspaper articles, written notes, a shelf of books and more.

  John sits at a paper strewn desk, the Colt in front of him.  Ollie is on the floor, eyes half open, Sam is leaning against the counter while Dean paces.

"So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we've been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just...nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail," John says, not looking up.

"And that's when you took off," Dean guesses.  John nods. 

"Yeah. That's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation."

"All right so what's this trail you found?"

"It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us," John looks at the boys.  Sam, having a question that he was reluctant to ask. 

"Families with infants?" 

  John nods. "Yeah. The night of the kid's six-month birthday."

"I was six months old that night?"

"Exactly six months."

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death...Jessica. It's all because of me?"

  Dean looks over to his brother.  "We don't know that, Sam."

"Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean." Sam crosses his arms, glaring at Dean.  Dean, growing frustrated, glares back.

"For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault."

"Right. It's not my fault but it's my problem!" Sam's voice rises, and Oliver looks up at Sam as Dean speaks before speaking himself.  

"No, it's not your problem, it's our problem!" Dean shouts.  Ollie speaks up, joining in. 

"We're all part of this Sam, don't forget that!  I might not know a lot of you guys' past and you sure as hell don't know most of mine, but we're all in this together!  This demon is gonna get what it deserves!" he shouts, glaring at Sam. Standing up, John decides this is when it's a good time to step in.

"Okay. That's enough."

  Everyone takes a few breaths to calm themselves before resuming speaking in a civilized way once again.

"So why's he doing it. What does he want?" Sam asks, looking at John.

"I wanna know too, this bastard screwed with my life too," Ollie mutters. 

"Look I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save...." Sighing, John looks down, unhappy.  Dean cuts in next.

"All right so how do we find it..before it hits again."

  The eldest Winchester looks at his oldest son.  "There's signs. It took me a while to see the pattern but it's there in the days before these fires signs crop up in an area. Cattle deaths, temperature fluctations, electrical storms. And then I went back and checked...and..."