People Talk

words often have a strong impact on one's life, find out how words had an impact on mine. ×××
                  ++++++++++

In Grade 6, i was still doing nothing but the best at school. I was chosen to be the scholar patrol captain and Class Leader along with plenty more achievements. I did public speaking and went on to attend competitions held in other schools in front of plenty people, thank goodness I'm not afraid to rock that stage!

But they do say "all good things come to an end" right? At some point, a cloud of negativity hung over me for weeks on end and i was certain that i wouldn't be able to work through it all. Nothing was going my way, things at home were awful and i felt like a lost fart! But what is it that i am talking about? well...

Mid-2016, everything was falling apart. Each and everyday at school on arrival, i would find out something new that someone might have said about me. A group of girls were constantly out for me, finding different things i do to use as reasons for people to dislike me or see me differently and none of it was understandable. It was the worst year i had during my primary school years and an experience i would never wish upon my greatest enemy.

Waking up knowing you're going to a place where you cannot grow as a person to better who you are was the hardest, i tried and tried again to turn a blind eye to the situation until it was just too much to ignore. It made me fall out from my studies, friends and who i was as a person, meaning they were succeeding and i couldn't have that happen! So what did i do? I fought back [not physically because i would NEVER win, oops]. I realised i couldn't deal with this alone and i told everyone at home and they definitely didn't take it lightly, the next thing i knew, my mom and granny were in the school's office.

I realised that allowing people to help you when you are down and out is the best recommended option. I have come across way too many people who force themselves to do things on their own when they can't. People are always going to talk, people are going to constantly find ways to hurt you but at the end of the day, "the ball is in your court", are you going to allow them to drown you in nothing but negative thoughts and opinions or will you use these words as a push to do more to prove them wrong. Not for them, but for yourself... because that is part of self growth after all!