CHAPTER 16

Twin stars, Shadows, Dreams? What does it mean?

"What in Heroes city are you talking about? Initium fiat festum ferri ossibus?" Rex blinked with frustration.

"I am not mad Rex Alba."

Rex gasped when the man responded with Araen.

He could see the brown eyes as the man stared at him. Those eyes, something familiar about it. Goosebumps sent a chill down his spine. Rex shivered. The radiance emanating from the yellow gaze reminded him of the deer and wolf he had seen in the forest.

Oh no, could it be that this old man was the deer and the wolf I met earlier?

"I only mourn Rex," the man was saying, "I mourn the blood that would be shed here today." Just like a puff of smoke, the man vanished into a thin air.

Rex stood up, clutching his teeth with force to avoid them clapping. He turned in a three-sixty degree just to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

The crowd was still chanting amid his confusion. Nobody but he had noticed the old man.

"Where did he go?" Rex wondered. In his dilemma, his eyes went to the king's throne which was at the opposite end. It was far enough not to make out the face of the person sitting there, but with the Extractor power, he adjusted his eyes for long sight.

At least my vision didn't go away with the rest of my speed. Rex thought.

Just there, sitting next to the king, were beautiful copper eyes staring directly at him.

Rex's world melted away, the thought of the old man and the mysteries surrounding him all lost track in his mind. He held the gaze with the queen, battling with a part of him that warned him to avert. He knew he couldn't, even when he tried his eyes won't obey. They stared intently at the beautiful queen.

Rex felt some kind of connection, as though everything that had happened was meant to be, as though he was meant to fall in love with this woman the moment he saw her. The eyes of the queen were welcoming and encouraging, but behind the glamour of her eyes, fear and sadness were written boldly.

Something thundered the sky, shading the world from the rays of the sun. At first, the sound was like a humming song, like a fleet of birds migrating to favorable weather.

Rex broke the gaze with the fine lady and studied the cloud. He frowned when he saw the troop of Air-Tripler.

The people in the stadium gasps with a cloak of fear wrapping itself around them. Some who couldn't withstand the noise fled to their respective abode, and others whose legs were too heavy to carry the weight of their body watched with clapping teeth.

The air Tripler—with an A-shape—all landed inside the pit ring, which was now empty. The wing creatures and the twenty men had all disappeared.

Of all places to land Zack, you chose the arena. Why are you always a confident fool? Rex murmured irritably. He couldn't tell if it was because of the fact that the general's appearance had brought him back from his trance with the queen, or the fact that he was suddenly jealous of the captain-general.

The whole place quieted and the people watched with fear. The king's knight made to stop the intruders but backed down when the king gave the signal.

The captain-general, in his brown uniform, stood tall, with his helmet covering his face. Three others in black and white stood beside him, and the keepers—the robots—stood behind them with shocker guns ready.

"Greetings to you my lord," The captain-general said in Araen. His helmet folded into a plate and covered his right ear.

"How great is your kingdom, may your reign be forever."