DISCOVERED

"Tony, look at that girl." A blonde haired man said while looking out the window of a huge skyscraper.
"Yeah, what about her?" Tony walked over.
"You don't see it?" The man asked with a bewildered expression on his face.
"Well, besides the fact that shes sexy, please do enlighten me, Cap." Tony grinned, taking another bite out of his sandwich. The man rolled his eyes.
"That gleam in her eyes. She's not fully human."
"So?" Tony started to get irritated.
"So stay here. I'm going to go check things out." The man said.
"Sure sure." Tony grinned.

AVENGERS!

"Where am I?" I yelled out, panick-stricken.
"New York, home of the Avengers." A voice said. I whipped around to face a tall, muscular blonde haired man. My eyes widened with recognition.
"C...Captain America? No...it can't be. You're just a character." I stared with disbelief. He let out a chuckle.
"I'm as real as you are. Now. If you don't mind, I'd like it if you'd come with me please." He said, gesturing towards the way he came from. My eyes narrowed slightly, but I nodded, staying close to his side for fear I'd get lost in this massive city.

AVENGERS!

"So you did go and get her eh?" Tony smirked.
"Yes, Tony, I don't need a narrator." Steve(Captain America) snapped.
Tony walked off, but looking over his shoulder, he winked at me. Okay? I thought to myself.
"Please. Have a seat." Steve told me, already seated on a black sofa. I sat in a gray arm chair.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Um...Silver Flame." I responded.
"Middle name too." I hesitated before responding with slight irritance.
"Miloh. Silver Miloh Flame." I lightly snapped. Steve just grinned.
"So tell me. Are you...from...New York? You sure don't seem like it." He said.
"Um...no. I'm originally from Chicago, Illinois." I missed it there. That was my home.
"So then, what led you here?" Steve pressed.
"I was cornered by these two bad men, and well...I sorta shifted...into a wolf." I hung my head, my black side bangs falling into my eyes.
"So it's true then." Steve mumbled.
"What?" I looked back up and it wasn't until then that I noticed how handsome Steve was. His skin was smooth and nicely tanned. He had high cheek bones, full lips, and vibrant blue eyes that made his perfectly styled blonde hair stand out against his tan skin. And I realized that he was watching me with a smirk. I felt the blood rush to my face and I looked away.
"That you're a shapeshifter. Quite possibly the last of them...the good kind, that is." Steve said.
"How is that possible?" I breathed.
"Well. That would be a question for you to ask Bruce." Steve smiled.
"Who?" I questioned.
"Er...you probably know him better as Dr. Banner?" I nodded then.
"Good. Follow me." He said.

AVENGERS!

I winced with pain as I tried to sit up. Bruce had to give me two different shots and withdrew blood three times. I felt slightly lightheaded, and my shoulder throbbed where the shots had been injected.
"Woah, easy there, Silver. Sam(the Falcon)! Do you have the results?" Steve called over to the next room where Sam was with Bruce.
"Yeah, here." Sam walked over and handed Steve a small stack of papers stapled together. Steve flipped through the pages, scanning them quickly until he stopped at one.
"What is it?" I frowned as I sat up carefully this time.
"You have the worlds rarest chemical coursing through your veins. Even scientists can't conduct it properly cause it kills all of its hosts. Its called Animacias. Its what allows you to shift I think. But how did it adapt to you?" Steve mumbled. Bruce then came into the room
"She is a shapeshifter of few animals. But this chemical I believe gives her the ability to shift into any animal she can think of." He said quietly.
"How do you know?" I blurted.
"I examined the blood samples. Your DNA is original. You are a natural shapeshifter. But this chemical was injected into you several years ago. Most likely when you were still a baby. It has adapted to your normal shapeshifting cells and just enhanced them greatly." Bruce explained.
"Animacias." I echoed with wonder.
"Yeah...um...let's take you to the training room...you should be able to shift into anything like Bruce said." Steve said.
"Okay." I nodded, following Steve silently downstairs and into a huge room. It had three different, massive, weapon compartments in one corner, and a good-sized training area off to the side. In the center was a massive gray mat.
"Can you shift into a bird?" Steve asked.
"Um..." I closed my eyes and flipped backwards in the same manner I did when I shifted into a wolf. I thought of my favorite bird, the Northern Blue Jay and when I opened my eyes, I was flapping softly in place in front of Steve.
"Nice...now...can you, uh...can you talk...while in your animal form?" Steve asked, trying to hide is embarrassment.
"Sure." I chirped. Steve grinned at me.
"What's your favorite animal?" I was hoping he'd ask. I shifted effortlessly into a golden, red-brown timber wolf.
"Damn! You're huge!" Steve exclaimed with wide eyes.
"Yeah...I guess I am...I think I'm my normal human height." I said looking down.
"Which would be what? Five foot six?" Steve asked.
"Um...five foot five. Close though." I grinned a Wolfy grin at him.
"You're beautiful." Steve breathed. I looked at him with intense blue eyes.
"Come on. I'll show you to your room. Thats if you'd like to join the Avengers." Steve grinned.
"Yes! I'm mean...of course. Thank you." I shifted back into my human form and followed him out.