Introduction

"Can I get one more day to finish this please?" I begged my English Professor to let me have one more day to finish a very important essay but he wouldn't budge. 

He looked up from his computer and started to shake his head and proceeded with "I'm sorry Lily, if I give you a break, I'd have to do that for everyone" and my immediate thought was no you literally don't, I just need one more fucking day but instead of saying that I nodded and walked out. 

Do I even need school? Maybe I can just focus on my talents and turn them into a career but school does give me structure. 

Anyways, I'm Lily, and I go to a community college in San Francisco and as for money, I'm a photographer but nothing major yet. I'm going to a community college because of my money situation. It's not that bad but not enough to go to a 4 year. But what about my parents helping me? well, I never asked them for anything considering they don't want to be a part of my life.

"was looking forward to being important but I'm not important yet" I whipped my head around to see who was singing, it was some random dude. I swear it sounded just like Jack. Jack's my best friend, he's a singer and he's in a band with his brothers. You might've heard of them, it's AJR. I really thought it was him, maybe I'm just missing them too much. We used to hangout all the time but right now they're on tour. 

I got into my car and The Good Part came on. "I have to call him because this is just another sign", I said to myself. I picked up my phone, scrolled through my contacts till I landed on his name and clicked it hella fast. 

"Hey lils, was wondering when you were going to call, we all miss you" 

"I can't believe you picked up this fast and I know I know, but you guys have been so busy too, I didn't want to interrupt all that" I sighed wishing I could just have them come over whenever. 

"Never too busy for you. But, do I hear someone honking? Are you on your phone while driving? lils are you serious?"

"I'm sorry, you know how the traffic is here, it would've taken me forever to  get home and call you, I had to. And it's on bluetooth anyways so I'm fine" 

"Okay, okay. Listen, I have to go rehearse but I'm going to call you soon. I promise" his tone changed, it was really sad. He sounded exactly how he did when he left for tour. 

"Okay, of course. Have fun" I said and hung up as I tried to refocus on the road. I'm not trying to get into another accident, that's why Jack gets worried every time I call him in the car. AHHH I MISS THEM SO MUCH. 

-------

When I got home, I changed into something more comfortable. I wasn't planning on going out tonight so I just changed for the evening. I was cooking when I heard my phone just go off. I turned off the stove and picked up my phone. 10 Messages. All from Jack. 

Jack: hey can you come to the show tonight

Jack: Our photographer backed out

Jack: pleaseeeeeee and we get to hang out tooooo

Jack: LILY

Jack: LILY

Jack: LILY

Jack: LILY

Me: JACK, CHILL

Me: FINEEEEE, I'LL COME. 

I didn't want to go anywhere but I get to see my favorite boys again so I'm not giving that up.