Hit & Run

HyunJin opened up her eyes to see HeeJin's sleeping face

HyunJin opened up her eyes to see HeeJin's sleeping face. She smiled from ear to ear, delighted to see the girl she loved as soon as she woke up. HeeJin's arms were still loosely wrapped around her waist under her sweater, and she absolutely adored feeling the warmth against her skin. HyunJin found herself gazing upon the sleeping girl's, embedding every detail in her head. The way HeeJin's eyelashes curled up perfectly into a crescent, how the bridge of her nose was impossibly straight, the way her soft cheeks were smushed up against her pillow, and somehow her messy hair laid out perfectly across the mattress. It was awhile before HeeJin fluttered her eyes open, to discover HyunJin was still gazing upon her.

"BreadJin, don't be creepy." HeeJin groaned out with a smile.

HyunJin giggled softly, "Well, good morning to you too."

The two couldn't stop themselves from beaming at each other. Everything felt surreal; they couldn't believe that last night happened, and even this morning when they woke up in each other's arms. They both wished every morning could begin just like this.

"I think it's time to get out of bed, Heekki." HyunJin yawned out.

The sleepy girl whined. "Can't we cuddle in bed all day." She mischievously smiled and pulled HyunJin closer to her so that she couldn't leave the comfort of her bed.

HyunJin would much rather spend an entire day in the arms of the girl she loved, but they both knew that HeeJin needed to attend a couple of important meetings that day.

"Don't make me tickle you, Heekki!" The taller girl warned, her hands were up, ready to pounce.

"You wouldn't dare!"

HyunJin took it as a challenge and easily overpowered the latter. She pinned her arms above her head with one hand and straddled over HeeJin, making sure she couldn't wiggle out and began attacking her ticklish sides with her free hand.

"Ok, Ok, Stoppp! I'll get out of bed!" HeeJin uncontrollably laughed as she begged.

Laughter and giggling filled the room. HeeJin was entirely out of breath and was relieved she could finally breathe normally again. HyunJin leaned over HeeJin and grinned at her. Her face was only a few inches from the other's and stole a quick kiss from the unexpecting girl.

"Noo, that was too short." HeeJin pouted. "One more," she whined.

HyunJin grinned even wider. "Okay, Heekki." She leaned once more and tenderly kissed her.

~ ~ ~

It was another morning, another day HyunJin gets to spend with HeeJin. But today was the start of something new, they both expressed their feelings, and she could only hope it will blossom into something more beautiful. She couldn't imagine protecting someone other than HeeJin now; she could only imagine being by her side.