On the playground

I sat in the soft grass under a a willow tree. The branches swayed beautiful in the wind of the approaching storm. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the empty swings. Then I heard the thunder. Quiet and distant. Then loud and close. The rain from a trickle to a roar. The storm had hit but I sat unmoving under the tree. It's beautiful branches swirled violently. The Lightning lit up the dark sky. The storm was gorgeous. The rain came down even harder. The only thing I could see was the lighting. I sat peacefully as I became soaked.
One of the branches whipped my face. I fell back lightly touching where I was struck. In the bursts of lightning I could make out a large amount of blood on my fingers. I sat back up silently and watched the storm rage on. I sat for hours undisturbed. The only sound was the roar of the storm. I heard a muffled call in the distance. I ignored it. I heard it again closer.
"Abby! Abby Green!" It called. Someone is looking for me. The next strike from the willow branch caught me off guard and I cried out.
"Abby?" The voice called. When the Lightning struck I could vaguely make out the voice as Nevaeh. The Lightning gave her the chance to see me as well. She hurried over to me.
"Abby! Come on we need to get out of this storm!" She calls over the howling wind.
"I don't want to" I say pitifully
She reaches her hand through the willows branches as they lashed out. They whipped into her beautiful dark skin. I take her hand and she pulls me out off the ground.
We sit on the swings, a stupid decision really.
"So why are you out here?" She looks at me. God she's beautiful. She gave me a smile and my heart lept.
"You fricking lesbian freak! You have feelings for her! Now they'll have another reason to laugh at you!" The negative side of my brain raged
"It's okay. She's just a good friend. A really good friend" the positive side tried to reason.
And the negative side won.
"Hello?" Nevaeh cooed
"I was out here because it'd be better with out me" I looked away ashamed
"Well that's not true! They're just mean. Honestly trinity is jealous by how cute you are. Her boyfriend used to stare sometimes. Before the bullying"
I snort "you're lying"
"Honest!" She giggles "every word!"
"Wow. Didn't expect that" I look down as I swing lightly pushed by the storm.
"So shall we go home?"
"Yeah"
She took my hand and we walked away from the sad swing set and the weeping willow tree. We walked away from the sad little playground. And for once I was glad the negative side had won.

(Sorry that this is kind of short)