For better or for worse

As we got deeper into the second quarter of the year the bullying got worse. The names got meaner and they hit me more. They also started bullying Nevaeh. Someone who used to be one of them. She went from popular to bullied in days and she's still strong months later. As the bullying got worse we got closer. As strong and beautiful as she was she had her insecurities. She was worried she was too tall or her hair didn't look right. Honestly all I ever saw was a beautiful girl. One that didn't deserve this.
In language arts class after our poems the teacher excused herself to the bathroom. The class went in an uproar as they always do when unsupervised. And when unsupervised... Trinity knocks my notes to the floor. "Oops" she snickers. As I lean down to pick it up she spit her gum onto it. Her and her clique walk to Nevaehs desk. They start bullying her. Hitting her messing with her stuff calling her names. And I'm not sure what but something snapped.
"Hey Trinity you stuck up walking cliche teenage barbie doll!" I jump to my feet "leave her alone!" Everyone in the room looks at me with a shocked expression. Even Nevaeh. Trinitys face goes from shocked to angry. She leaps at me her stick on nails going into my neck as we land in a mess on the floor. She's on top of me shaking me by my neck.
"I liked you better when you never spoke" she says red in the face.
I can't breathe so I kick her in the stomach away from me. She slams into a desk. She snaps her fingers and two others grab my arms and pull me to my feet and against a wall. She gets up and walks to me trying to look calm even though she's missing some nails and her hair is finally imperfect.
"So you won't stand up for yourself but you'll stand up for your friend? What do you love Nehaeh?" The class laughs. I look at Nevaeh staring at the scene before her frozen in shock.
"Yes" I mumbled. The class roars again. Trinity smirks before her fist collides with my face. Then again and again. Into my stomach her fists also fly.
"Stop it!" Nevaeh cries! "Leave her alone!" She tries to jump through the cluster of people surrounding the scene. "Abby! Abby I love you too!" She chokes out
"How could you love a scrawny dumb thin like that?" A jock who was trying to date Nevaeh before she become my friend asked her
"When you love someone you love them for better or for worse"
I smile at Neveahs words. The group shocked has broken up a bit and loosened their grip. I tear away but they chase me and I'm cornered against the tall floor to ceiling windows. Trinity snaps her fingers and her boyfriend punches me. I fall back. I fall back through the glass. It shatters around me. I keep falling. I look up at the class staring horrified through the window as I fell like a T through the air. My arms spread and my hair framing my face. I was at peace knowing I'd never be bullied again. Nevaeh knows how I feel and she feels the same. The wind whistled in my ears. She'd understand it's better this way and she won't be sad. The classes on the second floor flocked to the windows as I passed. I was at ease at last. I looked up and watched the world one last time. And then it was over.