|18|

the legend who lived, prettier than before

|18|

"AGAIN!" Emmett yelled, as he rose from his knees and looked at Jasper like he wanted to rip him apart.

Jasper rolled his eyes at Emmett's antics. Would he have more patience, Emmett could actually beat him to a pulp. The honey blonde halted when a sweet smell entered his nose, his muscles instantly tensed with control. Did Edward have to bring his girlfriend to training? Sure, if he brought Bella for talking about the fight with the newborns but bringing her in whilst they were training was a whole different story.

Not to mention that there would be a newborn present. Jasper was worried about what Quin's bloodlust would do to both him and to herself.

"I'm sure Quin will be fine, Jasper," Edward told him calmly. He walked around the car and got Bella out, giving Jasper no time to reply. It was stupid of him. Edward might've thought of himself as intelligent, but on this topic, Jasper knew he was right.

A small hand on his shoulder made him wake up from his thoughts. "Don't bother, he won't listen anyway." Alice gave his shoulder a light squeeze, and then pulled him with her.

Lilian pulled up in front of the Martini's house. Her big surprise for Jasper had arrived just a minute ago. She was on her way to the training with her entire family, when Vince had called her. Vincenzo and Layla weren't going to fight, since they were actually not able to and had never learnt such a thing. So, as they both remained at the estate, Vincenzo could welcome the guests they were expecting.

As she exited her car, Lilian caught the scent of the three vampires that had entered Layla's living room. The third scent was an intoxicating aroma, almost overwhelming.

Curiosity got the best of her as she jumped up the balcony that gave access to the living room.

"Ah, there she is!" Peter exclaimed with pride, as he walked up to his great-great-great-granddaughter. Lilian tried to peer behind him, wanting to find out who else he brought with him. But, being the jerk, he could be, Peter blocked her vision by giving her a bone-crushing hug.

"Yeah, good to see you too, Grandpa..." That nickname still weirded the both of them out. Jesus, it would never sound normal. Peter looked ten years older than her, and that was really the maximum extend. Though, the two did look alike. The same lopsided grin and the same characteristic features.

"Whoa, Pete, you have a granddaughter? I cannot see the family resemblance," whoever spoke up had a voice like honey, sweet and easily believed. Lilian broke her embrace with Peter to look whose voice had spoken. And she tried not to faint when she looked upon the most beautiful male she'd ever seen.