Is she a Girl or a Ruination?

I could not clearly believe what my eyes were witnessing.  The display screen was splashing halftone of a couple in a wedding attire. Two ecstatic faces leering at each other. It's a perfect picture. Yeah, perfect to everyone else but not me. It read NICHOLAS. I couldn't believe. Is she married? Then why did she lie when I asked her? The phone is still reverberating. I am physically very much cognizant. But, I can sense a throe in my inmost heart. I could not attend the call. Not because I could not, but i did not want to. I can see my lechery shattering somewhere in long run. 

Why is she so complicated like a charecter of Sidney Sheldon's novella instead of being simple, open and shut, manifest one like that of John Green's. Oh yeah, I can relate now. This hemic author of mine is a drastic rooter of Sidney Sheldon. No wonder she wants to make things knotty. Half of the time she elucidates every minute detail and my sole restricted POV is directing this penning to be a paradigm. I should ask her to bring changes in this atleast in the next chapter.

It's been like one and half month now. Summer is almost ending. There's is still no any averment of my mate. He went AWOL. This is not so him. I tried ringing him up day by day, night by night. Only after knowing that he decided not to back me up, I stopped calling him hoping that he would soon be home. However, the methodical went along. I thought of asking her about the whole Nicholas thing and then i decided to drop the idea inorder to not be so inquisitive  and probably demanding. 

Some days, she used to be badly muddled and fuddled with unknown guys bringing her home and leaving her to agony and laceration early in the morning. Most of them treated her like a tramp. A real slut.  I used to get a tiny glimpse of her in the morning lurking around the apartment delirium tremens as an effect of her unending incessant consumption of booze. 

She sometimes used to gander into my room for borrowing little money in the earlier days. Now, I just find them missing in my wallet. Wednesdays and Fridays became my favourite part of the week. She becomes the most immaculate girl and the whole day she drives me frenzied and derailed. I started loving her a little more day by day.  Her and the kids and the whole parentage thing. But the other days of the week are scandalous and I even caught her trying to seal up her bruises some mornings.  I used to be apprehensive and worried in the beginning, but eventually I started being inquisitive and curious.

Few days later, I asusual heard a knock on the door at 2 am in the night.  Surmising myself like every other day, I reached the door to open it and i was appalled by what i am seeing. What? Wait? How? 

" Bring FIRST AID KIT now" , he shouted.

He was steeped in blood and more is oozing from his mouth and forehead. He had cuts on his face and arms and badly tormented. HER. My eyes shifted to her. She is blacked out and hanging on to his shoulder. Unsually, she is okay. She is just like any other day not 1% sober. I was a bit revealed.

" GO. WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT? " , he yelled. 

I panicked and left with my legs quivering. I rushed to the living room from the verendah and got hold of the first aid box and quickly returned it to him. He, by then settled her on the sofa and has been cleaning the cuts with a waste cloth lying around.

" HOW DO YOU KNOW HER? FROM WHEN HAS SHE BEEN LIVING HERE? " , I can see the  weight in his voice.

" Well, Umm. Well, it's been nearly two months " , I managed to bring this much out of my mouth.

" IS SHE DRINKING DAILY? " , he inquired.

" Yeah, each and every day mostly" , I replied. He started stiching the torment on his left arm all by himself. The wound is deep and diligent. He is actually doing it on his own and it appeared so ghastly. After managing himself and making sure he won't bleed anymore, he gathered himself up and arranged himself to leave.