Chapter 1: Why did I Ask?

Chapter 1: Why Did I Ask?

A few hours later, it was 2 p.m. by now. As Chara stared at the dough as it rose in the oven. The sweet, crisp scent of cinnamon. The fresh, buttery banana. Chara started to drool over it. Her older sibling said she could keep this loaf of cinnamon banana nut bread, and she was ecstatic. The jingle of the bell indicated someone was at the door. Chara groans as she knows it's either their mother, Samantha Walter, or the old lady who lives down the street from them. "I got it Chara." Kiwi smiled and goes to the counter. Chara nods and goes back to staring at the loaf of bread. She heard a small clatter at the desk. "You okay si-?!" Chara walks out to see Kiwi backing up slowly before throwing a donut. Chara blinks in confusion. The strange figure caught the donut. "Nice try Ash." He chuckled. Chara recognized the voice. "BLUE- RASPBERRY?!" She shrieked. Kiwi snorted at this as Axel- who is addressed as Blue Razz sometimes- shakes his head, pulling down his black hoodie. "Hey Chara." He said. The chocolate- eyed 17 year- old blinks in confusion. Instead of his normal different shades of blue, Blue Razz was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and some black shoes. She almost didn't recognize him. He smiles, before walking out the store. Chara hears her sibling sigh and turns to see her blushing bright tomato red. "Someone's in looooooooove~" She teased. Kiwi blushes more and begins to sputter. "W-what?!PSSSSH! N-NO! N-N-NE-NEVER!" Kiwi stormed to the kitchen while the younger snickers. Ah she loved doing that. The young girl sighs and skips after her sister. The rest of the day went rather smoothly, Kiwi was now going out to discard the stale bread and donuts when she sees a young, dirty, small around 7 years of age boy. She looks at him and suddenly he turns to her. She blinks in surprise as he stares at her. 'That was not expected' she thought. The little, filthy boy that hasn't said a word, crawls over to her. She looks at him, the at the basket. "Are you hungry?" she asks when he finally gets about 2 inches in front of her. He nodded slowly. "P-please?" the young boy stutters. Kiwi sets the basket down and pulls out a loaf of banana bread. "It's a bit stale......" The boy immediately began to eat the bread. "Do you have a name? My name is Ashley, but most people call me Kiwi." The small child looks at her before saying "Mike". She nods. "Well where are your parents?" He flinches. "They abandoned me...... when I was 4." She looked at him surprised, her eyes soften. "Do you wanna come with me then?" Mike looks at her in shock, then it turns into a look of happiness. "YES!" He shouted excitedly. Kiwi giggles at his enthusiasm. She gets up, dusts herself off, and holds out a hand for him to grab. He grabs her hand and they walk back in. "Who dat?" Chara asked, looking at the 7 year- old Mike. "His name is Mike. He's going to live with us from now on." Chara does a spit take with the peach soda she was drinking. "WHAT?!" She shouted in pure and utter surprise. Chara looked shocked. It was always just her and Kiwi. Now some.... STREET KID was coming with them?! Chara was beyond upset. But looking at the small boy, she sighs. Maybe this won't be so bad..........