Chapter 5: Interesting F(r)iends

Chara sat up, and blinked

Once

Twice

3 times.

Where was she again? Why were there skeletons wearing clothes in front of her? The hell is going on?!

"Oh? I see she has returned. How, interesting........... So very interesting."

Chara looks around. Where the H E L L did that come from? The taller of the two skeletons waves a hand in her face.

"you okay there, kiddo?" The orange hood wearing one. Chara stares at him. "Uh, y-yeah. I'm fine sir." 'Sir? That's a new one.' Papyrus looked amused on it. Chara realizes she just made him sound SUPER old, despite him being probs in his late 20's, early 30's. "ARE YOU HUNGRY HUMAN?" Yes. She is. She nods slowly. The small, blue wearing skeleton runs off, to what she assumes is, the kitchen. Chara holds her knees to her chest, furrowing her eyebrows. She went to Mtt.Ebbot........ she fell down a hole....... the legends are true...... she's sitting on a skeleton's couch.

"Are you not aware that it is rude to treat someone you know oh so well like that? He's calling your name C H A R A."

She snaps her head up immediately. The hell was that? Papyrus sighs "you didn't hear me, did you?" Chara gives an apologetic look. He sighs, looking slightly distressed. "i was trying to say that, I'm sorry kiddo. It was rude of me to assume........ I guess you don't actually know what's going on, do you?" I mean, was she supposed to? Nothing he was saying was making any sense. Papyrus groans a bit. "welcome to the underground kid. I'm Papyrus, and that was my bro, Sans. Heh. So....... you were kinda mumbling something in your sleep. Bout someone named 'Kiwi'? Who's that?" Chara sits there for a minute. "Oh! Uh- how embarrassing..... That would be the nickname of my older sister....." She looks at her hands while trailing off. Papyrus raises a non-existent eyebrow. "Sounds like you're not saying something here. Did she hurt you or something?" Chara sighs softly. "N-not Her specifically, more like a single choice she made out of the kindness of her soul." Papyrus nods his skull slowly in understanding. "yeah......... I feel ya on that one. Sans does that a lot too." He gives a small "nyeh heh heh" . Is that just a thing he does? Chara stares at her hands.

"Why are you H E R E C H A R A? Shouldn't you be with MK? Killing all the W O R T H L E S S souls down here? Hmmm? Perhaps you've forgotten our deal-"

Chara sweats-. "wh- who's there?" Papyrus glances at her with a worried look. One of her eyes starts dripping some sort of black liquid. She looks up at him- fear clear in the normal eye- next thing she knows is that she hits the wall and all goes black.

Papyrus breathes heavily. He didn't mean to hurt Chara herself- but what could he do? His intention was to knock her out- not kill. He sighs- before Sans walks back in. "BROTHER IS EVERYTHING OK? I HEARD A NOISE AND- OH MY TORIEL THE HUMAN!" Sans rushes over to Chara. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!" Papyrus pulls on the collar of his hoodie- how the HELL does he explain THIS MESS?! He steps back from his brother. "Sh-she'll be fine bro.... nyeh heh- heh? It was just an accident-" "AN ACCIDENT MY

BONEY BEHIND! BROTHER OH MY TORIEL!" Loud. That's really loud. Chara stirs again. "Ow..." The two Skeletons look at her in worry. One of them because he just yeeted her into a wall. The other because the other skeleton yeeted her into a wall. Basically they're worried because she was yeeted into a wall. "W-what happened?" Papyrus rubs his neck. "you ok kiddo?" Chara shakes her head. Everything was still spinning oh god- She doesn't bother trying to get up at all. Papyrus sits next to her. "sorry for throwing you into a wall." She sits up too quick. "What- owowowowow ok." She lays back down. Papyrus chuckles, patting her head. "you ok?" She glares up at him. "No.... my head hurts." Sans shakes his skull at his brother. Sans picks up Chara and sets her onto the couch again, before handing her what looked like tacos... at least she thinks those are tacos. HELL if she knew what they were. She bit into one. OH HEY THESE ARE HORRIBLE- She looks like she's gonna puke. Sans bounds off somewhere. Papyrus quickly lets her outside. "it's gonna be alright kiddo.." Chara wipes her mouth. "I-is his cooking always like this?" Papyrus sighs. "friad so.... I can make ya something or we could drop by muffets." Chara tilts her head and just nods... either option was good. Maybe this wouldn't be sooo bad.