Part 4

He didn't often listen to music, but this was different. This time he felt like it, and he did what he liked.

This was one of his absolute favorites.

Hold me close and hold me fast

The magic spell you cast

This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me Heaven sighs

And though I close my eyes

I see la vie en rose

He got tingles up his spine, and he smiled, tapping his digits on his chest in tune. He closed his eyes. He got his own personal buzz. Overtaken by a drunken haze. He snorted, and bubbles flew out of his nostrils.

When you press me to your heart

And in a world apart

A world where roses bloom

And when you speak, angels

Sing from above

Every day, words

Turn into love songs

A glass of wine sat on his bedside table, but he wasn't drunk. Not in the slightest. His mind was sane and his thoughts registered completely in his head. He just felt drunk, as he always did when he chose to truly relax. His grin grew awfully wide when he snorted bubbles again, giggling in a most undignified way. Slowly and gently, he leaned over and grabbed the glass in his hand, swirling the red liquid inside before taking another drink, thoughtfully so.

Give your heart and soul to me

And life will always be

La vie en rose

He hummed it perfectly, with little cracks in between.

He sang quietly. He leaned back with a sigh, his horns smacking against his luxurious headboard. "I need more wine..."

Someone knocked on his bedroom door. He sat up suddenly, yelping with surprise, only to fall off his bed with a thud. He smacked his arm on his nightstand. Cradling it to his chest, he groaned with pain, gritting his teeth as he limped weakly to the door.

Opening it, he found a round purple face and big purple eyes looking up at him, a horn peeking out between her well-cut bangs. Twilight Sparkle cocked her head at the drunken draconequus. He gave her a wobbling smile.

"Oh. Why hello there, my dearest darling Twilight," he cooed softly. "Lovely to see you here."

She noted his strange behavior. Cocking her head, her mouth was transformed into a grim line. "Discord...are you...drunk?" She said it as if in disbelief.

He laughed. "Well, technically, if you want to look at it that way, then yes, I am quite drunk."

He still looked normal, but he didn't act normal. It was weird to see him this way. You'd think that a personification of chaos, undying and unfeeling, would have excellent tolerance for liquor. Not Discord, apparently.

 She gestured at the room behind him, and he moved out of the way with surprising accuracy. He cleared his throat. "Welcome to my humble abode, I suppose. Well, my room anyway."

It was astonishingly orderly, and ornately furnished, with couches and paintings and flooring that only the rich could afford and then some. The ceiling was tall, capped by a massive candle-lit chandelier. A round space was cut from the wall, and filling this space, with measurements of approximately twelve-by-ten feet, was a bed, surrounded entirely by one-way glass with a beautiful view of the surrounding land and luxuriously decorated with thick blankets and seemingly hundreds of pillows. Overall it was a very beautiful room in a very beautiful house that Twilight had somehow managed to teleport into.