Chapter Fourteen

The day Femi and Jordan had been waiting for had finally come. Jordan was giddy with excitement as she applied the finishing touches to her makeup. This thing she had with Femi was still very new. in fact, she wasn't sure if it was something yet but Jordan couldn't help herself. Femi was every woman's dream, at least in Jordan's eyes and he wanted to go out with her. Maybe fortune had finally smiled at her, she thought. Maybe this was the one that was going to stick or maybe she was in over her head. Whatever it was, there was fun to be had and Jordan intended to have it with Femi, keeping an open mind. A mind open and willing to receive whatever came its way.

The doorbell rang and Jordan was sure that it was Femi at the door. She quickly grabbed her phone and her purse and rushed down to meet him.
"Hello, beautiful."
"Hey. You're early."Jordan averted her gaze shyly. She could already feel warm all over from the intensity of Femi's gaze.
"Can't keep a beautiful woman waiting now, can I? Come on, let's go."

The date was everything Jordan thought it would be. Femi was the perfect gentleman. He treated Jordan and everyone they came in contact with such kindness that Jordan had no choice but to believe that it was naturally in his character.

Just as they were about to leave the restaurant, Jordan saw Francis coming in with his date. What was most surprising about it was the fact that the woman in question was heavily pregnant. It literally looked like the baby was going to pop at any minute. Jordan was sure her mouth must have been hanging open because Femi noticed and asked her if everything was okay.
"I'm sorry, I just saw my ex, the one over there with the pregnant woman and it was really shocking. I mean if he is the father of that child that would mean that he was cheating on me." Jordan didn't know why she was laying all of that on Femi but it was just too much to keep within her and the shock of it all made it much more difficult.
"I hate to point it out love, but you're staring and the minute he looks this way, he's going to know it. I'm sure you don't want that."
Jordan was a little embarrassed but she realised that Femi was right. Francis would catch her staring and it would be even more embarrassing. She didn't want him knowing that he affected her in any kind of way. The Break-Up nearly ruined her but it wasn't something she was willing to admit to him or let him see.
"We should leave." That was Jordan's first instinct. She did not want to have any sort of encounter with Francis, especially not in public and most especially not while she was on a date with Femi.
But before they could make it to the exit, Francis spotted Jordan and was heading their way.
"That's a little late, he's coming over here."
"Shit."
"Act natural," Femi said and before Jordan could question what he meant, he gently spun her around and sealed her lips in a surprising but searing kiss. Jordan was totally shocked at first but it felt really good and she went with the flow. She was going to enjoy it while it lasted if it was only an attempt to help her save face in front of her ex.

"I can see all the wheels in your head-turning. don't overthink it." Femi whispered in Jordan's ear when he finally broke the kiss.

"Jordan." Francis greeted, he didn't look very pleased at the blatant display of affection he just witnessed.

"Hello Francis, long time no see. How are you doing?" Jordan sounded way more chirpy than she actually felt, but she convinced herself to keep up with, it was good for appearances.

"I'm fine. who's this?" Francis couldn't keep the bitterness out his voice as he enquired about Femi.

"Hello there. I'm Femi, the boyfriend." Femi extended his hand for a handshake but Francis was having none of it.

"When did this happen?" Francis asked, glaring at Jordan.

"When did that happen?" Jordan asked, pointing at the general direction of the heavily pregnant woman that accompanied Francis.