7

Chapter 7

"Just when I ball up my fists
I realize I'm laying right next you" - Beyoncé

"How's my little bunny?" My father sings kissing my cheek. I wipe off the stickiness left from his lips looking at him with disgust.

What the fuck is he's wearing mom's lipstick?

"What? Men need to keep there lips soft too." I hum to myself trying to keep calm.

I place my purse on the kitchen counter before turning around to face Luciano. I couldn't believe that Charlie blew a fuse and called my father because of it.

I just wanted to spend quality time with your father my mother fucking ass

I couldn't believe that he thought I'd actually fall for his lies. He should be glad that I didn't call his own mother, Regina would certainly put him in his place. I groaned at the fact that we were sitting here telling on each other like fucking children but if he wanted to play then so be it.

"Why are you here?" I finally mustered the energy to in even speak to him.

"I can't come to see how my daughter's doing?"

"I stopped by you and mom's house yesterday so I doubt you love me that much." He chuckled.

"You know me so well sweetheart, I actually came to smack the shit out of you because for once I agree with the son of bitch, for once."

He made sure to place emphasis on the word once.

"Here we go again with this crap." I roll my eyes kicking off my heels. I was tired of hearing this same old argument time after time.

"Keeping you safe is all that we want and if we have to take some of your freedoms away then so be it."

"Not you with this I expected everyone else to be on his side not you nothing's going to happen to me for the last time I am taking this job and that's final." I was fuming probably livid. I understood wanting to keep me safe but I already had a bodyguard what more did Charlie want?

"Look I know I'm not the father of the year to my dismay." He jokes but I've never seen so much wariness in his eyes in my life.

"I'm not going to sit here and argue with you because your grown, if you want to end up lying dead in a ditch then that's on you."

Well geez dad thanks for that lovely visual

"Just don't get upset with the ones who love you just because we care for your safety." I couldn't say anything because for a second time today I was speechless. Luciano has never been around for my childhood.

One part of me wanted to yell that he had no right to come into my life and make demands but another part of me missed him and couldn't care less.

I promised him that I would give him a chance because if he really didn't want to be here then he wouldn't be.

"Despite me being a total dick I did want to come and see how you were doing." He smiled pulling me into a hug. He was never one for affection but when he ever showed it he meant it.