I'm Kate (3)

I hear a scream, at first I believe its my mind playing tricks on me but then I hear it again. No one has been here with me for the past couple months. Everyone who was here last died, or some would say killed, or was tore part, or slathered. Some by sickness, some by the coppers, some by me.

But the thought of someone else here brings a dark-hearted laugh, burning my lungs and throat. Dropping more corrupts here with me is just as bad of an idea as the next. Someone. Here? They might be picking me up from my 16 years away- but they would be a year too early or couple late. I don't really know. The person keeping track of the days was killed by a guy gone mad from having his sex-girl taken away, even if they said that they felt "love" towards the other I believe he deserved to lose her. She turned out to be a normal, and they (the Gov.) found out that her twin was planning her Officer's death and placed the girl back in the city to take the twins place, most likely in secret so no-one has to know they screwed up.

Ssssssssss- I turn around and I'm only a yard away from the young copper's tail. It's body rapped around a rotten field rat.

"Hey! Get out of here!" I clapped my scarred hands at the snake. "I don't need you here!"

I go ghostly still, the copper lifting it's head to face me. As if surprised that I'm lying on the ground and not dead like those that surround this area, it starts to slowly slither up to me.

"Hey... Hey!" I yell, " I don't need you with me! Go!" I scoot back.

Feeling it slip around my leg in a knot-tight rap. I start to panic, moving my other foot to scratch the snake off my leg but it only makes to move in tighter. Leaning back onto the ground, I take my defeat as it shall come. A snake bite and one from such a corrupt animal.

It moving back and ram it's head farther up, feeling teeth sinking into my naked thigh, my back arching in pain. I will not allow my self to show any emotion as I die. Even if its by the most deadly of corrupts. Even deadlier than a human one.

As if one bite not being enough, it moves father up my body. I relax as a weird tingling is spread through my body.

PAIN! Oh my gosh pain! I scream. The snake biting into my neck, and my vision going hazy. As if a sharp hot-coal is being shoved through my skin. This isn't any "normal" corrupt copper. 

Biting my lip hard enough to taste blood and feeling a hole form because of it, "I swear!!" I scream, " I won-" a voice cuts me off.

"Katherine Makena," A voice close to my ear starts. "You are here by declared as a level 2.3 Corrupt and will be moved to the Territories'."

My heart trembles. The snake's head hovering over my face. "We are all very proud of how far you have come," it says. "No one has gotten through that without passing out, and feeling a minding weakness that makes them feel like they are dying, or at least wish they would."

"Why?" I see my vision darkening. "I can't see." I trail off.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe soon enough." The voice fading off into nothing.