Becoming One

4:37am, Sunday, January 17th
Although sleep consumed her, Yein broke away. Her eyes fluttered open; she could see nothing buck pure blackness around her. She couldn't tell what time it was since there was no clock, nor did she have her phone. What the girl did know is that the early morning hadn't come yet.

She sat there, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. Once she was able to make out the abstract shapes of the few items in the room, she sat up. It was cold; isolated. Yein rested her head in her hands and began to cry. She hated it here. This wasn't home. How could she even begin to think of a place like this to be her home?

A creak of the bedroom door made Yein jump; she pulled the covers to her chest.
"H-Hello? Who's there..?" She said, practically in a whisper.
From the door, the figures features were hidden. The dim hall light fixture gave just enough light to create a shadow to conceal whoever it was.
In through the door slipped a tall, yet not so threatening boy. Seonghwa.

"Shh.." he put his index figure to his lips.
Yein did the same back to him.
"Come with me." It didn't sound like a command, and she wanted anything that would get her out of the dark, box-like room.
The taller lead her down a few corridors, taking left and right turns without hesitating.
"Where are we..?" The female started, but he hushed her once more.
After about three minutes, they stopped in front of a door. A door that looked odd. It didn't look like the other dark, mahogany doors in the building. It was a light tan door with a white frame. It actually looked pretty welcoming despite its surroundings.
Seonghwa reaches for the knob, he made sure to turn it slowly to avoid making much noise.

Once inside, a bright white light flicked on as Seonghwa pulled a beaded string that hung from the lightbulb. The room was empty besides a table, some chairs, and a few different sized cardboard boxes.
"What are we doing in here?" She cocked her head.
It seemed as if a weight had been lifted from the male's shoulders. He relaxed his body.
"I wanted to talk to you."

Yein shot him a look of confusion and question.
"About..?"
Seonghwa motioned first the girl to sit across from him at the old table.
"I know you. I know who you are." He started.
"I cant tell you specifics yet, but from now on you have to trust me."
His words made her head spin. Who was she? Rather, who did he think she was?
"Things are going to be tough around here these next days, but you have to trust me."
Yein couldn't exactly put her finger on what he meant by his words, yet, it frightened her.

Back at her room, she kept replaying the image of Seonghwa through her mind. He seemed...almost stressed as he talked. His voice was filled with pure anxiety.
She started to really wonder...who was he?

10:12am
In the wake of the sunlight, Yein found herself tied. Bounded. She didn't remember falling asleep after getting back from being with Seonghwa. She couldn't even remember being taken from her room. Her wrists burned from the tightness of the old rope.
"What the h-" she was cut off when a hand collided with her face.
It was Hongjoong.
————————————————
I KNOW this story kinda jumps around but I PROMISE it'll make sense. I promise.
-M 🌻