Act IV: The Two-Eyed Overseer!

·.·'¯'·.· 1 ·.·'¯'·.·

"It's done? How many...? Hm, that's fine, then." Arzain said into his earring. "Send a portal to me, I've wrapped up my business here. As for the Lucifer girl... yeah, you can just leave her. Just bring the bodies back to Alina and I'll meet ya there." 

The three pairs of adventuring eyes widened like saucers as soon as bodies were mentioned. Drops of sweat rolled down their faces as their muscles stiffened. Arzain grinned victoriously once again and the sight caused great unease within the adventurers' stomachs, as well as Tyrion Tusk. 

"Welp. Three of yur adventuring buddies are fucked and the silent bitch is laying out in the mud on the front lawn." Arzain taunted his victory to Arkhelm and the others. "The silent one's greatly injured in both the head and body so I suggest healin' 'er up when you're free. Come along now, Tusky. There's work to be done."

Arzain began to pack up (taking the whiskey with him, of course) as the adventurers digested the news of what had become of their precious friends. Dusk Lucifer seemed to be taking the news the hardest due to his sudden urge to struggle against the restraints. Arzain was surprised to hear one of the vines snap as Dusk tried to raise his fist from the chair's arm rest. 

"Let's go, Tusk." Arzain ordered with more venom in his voice.

He clearly feared what would happen if Dusk managed to break through the restraints. 

"Ye-yes, Lord Arzain... I'm coming." Tyrion whimpered, lifting his shaking body from his seat.

A portal opened up behind Arzain. The drunken man tip his imaginary hat to the adventurers with a taunting grin before disappearing into the tear of space-time. Tyrion followed timidly behind him, unsure of what horrors awaited him. 

It was a few moments after the portal closed before the restraints around the adventurers ankles and wrists were undone. As soon as they broke free, Dusk Lucifer was the first one to leap from his chair. He unsheathed one his dual daggers and stormed out of the room, shouting Lazarus Lucifer's name as he did. Arkhelm unsheathed his sword and headed out the door, the teary-eyed Sena following behind him.

"I-it can't be true! The-they can't be dead! Right, Arkhelm?" Sena asked from behind.

She fell deeper than expected into the pool of despair when silence was all Arkhelm gave her. She silenced herself but couldn't help but tear up at the very likely reality that her dearest of friends had met their ends. She could only wipe away her tears, despite more and more streaming down from her overflowing eyes. 

Arkhelm gave no answer because he had none. He was uncertain of what had truly happened and the answers lied with Lazarus Lucifer, who was apparently out front. All he could do was hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

This is all your fault if they're dead, he told himself internally. Division was an awful tactic... we should've stuck together. How could I have been so stupid? I just... I had faith in them. I should always stick to logic. Logic is what protects lives, not faith. How stupid of me... their blood is on my hands. 

Arkhelm and Sena emerged through the already swung open front doors of the Tusk estate. Their eyes locked onto the two figures on their knees across the lawn. Those two figures were Dusk and Lazarus Lucifer. Dusk was hugging his sister tightly as she remained idle, her magenta eyes peering up at the starless sky with nothing but desolation left within them. 

The two moved hastily over to their lifeless friend. 

"Lazarus?! Sweetheart, are you okay?!" Sena cried, falling to her knees and grasping the young blonde's pale cheeks.