Act IV: A Clash Between Life & Death

Originally, this was all part of the final chapter. But seeing that I had written enough content for a whole other chapter, I've decided to split the chapter in order to make the final chapter less overwhelmingly long and give you patient readers some content to read!

The Final Chapter Is Coming... just as Winter is. 

·.·'¯'·.· 1 ·.·'¯'·.·

I, Lazarus Lucifer, dropped my sack of goodies against the paved ground.

I glanced downward at the compass, the arrow still pointed North, indicating that Larius was indeed within the manor before me. The entire property was protected by a nine foot brick wall with iron spikes protruding out from the top and on the outer side to prevent climbers. How lucky for me because my intention on how I would enter was not to climb, but to just walk right through the front gate.

But, first, I undid the tie around the sack and started to withdraw the items I had taken from my vault within my home. The items I had retrieved were all items I had recovered whilst raiding dungeons with my comrades. Of course, I couldn't take everything I had collected for that would be far too heavy for me to carry and run with. I also only took the items I knew I was capable of using as well as the items I actually knew the purpose for.

I was weak and so, so, so pathetic when I last fought Larius. There was nothing a magic-less woman like me could've done to such a behemoth, even the sword I was gifted with couldn't destroy him because it hated me. Luckily, now I had a sword that would cut down anything I swung at, regardless of what the swords feelings were. Not only that, but I had my sack of items that would increase my abilities to the fullest.

With me, I had brought a single gauntlet, an amulet, a few potions (stolen from my brother), a satchel, a secondary weapon, three elemental rings, and a silver bracelet.

The gauntlet was made from gold and enchanted for durability. The gauntlet was also blessed with holy magic, so, even if it wasn't the strongest, it was bound to have an effect on Larius. Even if it just burned him, it would surely cause him pain to have me grip his ugly face with it.

The amulet was made from emerald tinted glass, shaped like a long sword. Two small holes had been made in the longsword's pommel to allow the string to go through. The amulet served as a means of amplifying my body's strength and endurance, which I thought was important to have since I was going against such a powerful entity.

The potions I had stolen from my brother's bedroom were acidic, healing, and flame classes. The flame and acidic potions were meant for inflicting damage upon Larius and the healing potions were for mending the damage inflicted upon me. The leather satchel I had brought with me was for carrying them.

The elemental rings bared an element of our world within each. The crimson ring held fire, the icy blue ring, of course, held ice, and within the white ring was wind. I wore a ring on my middle, index, and ring finger (how fitting).

The silver bracelet I wore around my left wrist had the power to increase one's agility. I didn't know anyone who was faster than myself and I knew that Larius, especially, wasn't faster. Still, if I was to dance with an elder lich, I wanted all my abilities to be pushed to their limits.

I was a magic-less human going against a being with magic that far surpassed that of a human was capable of casting and he also had the ability to self-regenerate from practically any attack he was hit with. All I could do was compensate for my weakness with these items.