Act III: A Crisis At The Tusk Residence!

·.·'¯'·.· 1 ·.·'¯'·.·

Our steps did nothing to break the silence of night.

It was the majestic rings imbedded with icy jewels that allowed us to walk without our footwear alerting anyone of our presence. The Ring of Suppression was the magical item we all had around our fingers the shielded our noisy steps.

All seven of the virtues, myself included, of course, were walking down one of the many empty streets within Xenvalon. Night had fallen over the kingdom once again and Arkhelm believed that this was indeed the best time to begin our search for Larius the elder lich, as well as the ringmaster behind this whole ordeal.

Arkhelm wanted to find Larius as soon as possible. He wanted this whole thing to be over with as soon as possible because he wanted no lives to be lost by the hands of this elder lich that he knew about, yet, did not report to the government. He stood by his decision of not alerting the kingdom of the elder lich's presence. He didn't want to do anything that risked setting off the highly powerful undead. Larius' wrath was the last thing he wanted.

Arkhelm was at the head of the group, the monster locating compass I had acquired that day was present in his hand. The needle pointed straight so we moved straight ahead. The needle of that compass was pointing to Larius' location, but only the gods knew what kind of darken domain he resided in.

"Why are we followin' that compass, Arky?" Ex asked from behind. "I thought you figured out Alina Brooker was behind this mess? So why not just go arrest her?"

"I'm an adventurer, Exus. Since I am not an official officer of the law; I can't arrest people." Arkhelm stated. "Therefore, I've asked some of my most trusted allies within the military police to send some officers to scout Brooker's residence to gather some intelligence. I wanna know what she's doing, where she goes, who she's meets with, and what goes on within that home of hers. Our priority is Larius. Between the two of them: Larius is the biggest threat to the kingdom. So, he needs to be dealt with first. Brooker will have to wait." 

Everyone gave nods of approval and acceptance. Arkhelm was the guild-leader for a reason. Both his mind and body were stronger than the average man or adventurer. His methods of doing certain things or the strategies he crafted for combat were never questioned and nobody ever opposed them. The reason for this is that he never decided on anything or came up with any plan that we found dense. 

I shifted my eyes to the right upon having my shoulder nudged by an elbow. My brother Dusk stared at me with his cool sapphire eyes as we continued to walk.

"Good job today." he whispered, giving me a thumb's up.

"What do you mean?" I asked with the swift and silent movement of my hands.

He leaned closer toward my ear.

"Arkhelm told me how we got that compass. I told Cherry she was wrong, some good can come from you having a boyfriend." he replied softly.

My cheeks became engulfed in a warming pink. Using my incredible speed, I was able to strike my brother in the shoulder with a heavy fist without anyone noticing. I pouted as I glared him down with sharpened eyes, hostility glistening within them.

"He is not my boyfriend." I told him with a stern face. "He and I are just good friends!"

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing you, sis." he said, tousling my hair. "Your relationship with this boy isn't any of my business so I won't push for details. Still... I would like to meet him."