Act II: Demonic Assistance!

·.·'¯'·.· 1 ·.·'¯'·.·

Though closed, I could feel the sun beaming down on my face through my window. I rolled on my side and covered my head with my blanket. I yawned silently as I clenched my soft, fluffy pillow and pulled it into a hug. I buried my face in it.

My tired state could only remain for a few more minutes, though. I was conscious enough to know what day it was... it was a school day. The sun was rising and it wouldn't be long till my mother, father, or one of my siblings came to my door to wake me up for school.

I liked school very much. I hated to be that girl, but... I'm pretty sure I'm one of the smartest kids in my class! Plus, I'm really popular among my classmates do to the fact that I'm already quite skilled in magic. I've been able to use up to level five! Level five magic users are really rare! My classmates tend to compliment and praise me for how "awesome and strong" I am.

Today, when we learn more about magic... I'm gonna try and use level six! Humans have never been able to reach that level of magic before! It be sooooo cool if I could be the first to reach that level! That way, I can become one of the best adventurers the world has ever seen!

Adventurers are the coolest people in the world! They risk their lives daily to slay evil monsters who threaten innocent lives and terrorize the world! The level of nobility an adventurer has cannot be matched. Can it be considered anything but noble and brave to risk your life daily for the betterment of others?

That's why I wanna be one! I'll get to travel the world, meet all kinds of people, kill monsters, and protect my kingdom! Plus... maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I met my Prince Charming on the way.

"Hey, sis! It's time to get up!" My door was banged on by a familiar voice.

It was my older brother.

I sighed and threw back the blanket. I looked forward to seeing my friends at school, but I never did like waking up at this time in the morning... it's just not right to do this to a child. The school systems are evil, though, so I have to put up with it.

I leaned up from bed and rubbed my heavy eyes. I shook my untidy blonde hair in an attempt to restore some order to it, but I only seemed to make it worse. I yawned and stretched as I pulled the covers off my legs and turned toward the edge of the bed.

I was forced to pull my ten year old body out of bed.

I opened my mouth and said: "................."

My eyes widened, confusion visible within them. I had moved my lips and attempted to speak those two words, yet... they didn't leave my mouth. I tried to speak again, yet my voice did not present itself.

Logical thinking, being what it is, told me that I must've caught a light sickness and lost my voice. But, that couldn't have been it because no part of me ached, neither did my insides feel like coming out of my mouth in the shape of projectile vomit. My throat felt fine as well.

Strangely, I had never felt this worried to know that I was completely healthy.

I placed my finger tips on my throat and to my surprise, the tips of my fingers touched a cold, smooth material that resembled metal. My hand trembled as it ran across the metal and touched something else. It had an oval shape and felt smoother and glassier than the metal.

I hopped to my feet as my door was repeatedly banged on again.

"Wake up, sis! You gotta go to school!"