Finding A Place To Stay #hauntedadventure

Herrah, North Carolina

I was walking about 30 miles to the nearest town. I was in need of shelter. I haven't ate in days, and I needed some food in my stomach. My eyes caught attention of a sign that pointed to a hotel coming up. Then, another sign that said: Welcome To Herrah! Friendliest Town In North Carolina! I saw the hotel, straight up. There were no cars, however. Were there any inhabitants in this area? Then, it suddenly dawned on me! This must be a ghost town!

I approached a Days Inn, that seemed to have been run down, and beer cans were scattered all over the place. I heard the sounds of women screaming. They seemed to be chanting someone's name. "Rudy! Rudy Rudy!" Who in the heck is Rudy?

Then, I spotted a coyote, looking for food. I hid behind a dumpster, filled with pizza boxes from Pizza Hut. The Pizza Hut across the street was closed down. Reason being, I'll never know. The air was so mild, and a bit on the humid side, and a distant rumble of thunder could be heard. A coyote is roaming the area for food, and a storm is coming.

Then, a snake was slithering towards me. "Get away from me!" I bellowed. I had nothing to kill the hissing reptile with, so I made a quick dash into the hotel, greeted by darkness. No one at the front desk. I was twiddling my beard, as I figured out what to do next. If that Pizza Hut was still open, I would have gotten something to eat. It started pouring now, and I walked upstairs to get a room. I decided to wait out the storm, before I walked a long distance, just to find some food.

A/N This is based off of a writing prompt by the Adventure contest.