-•4; a Feral•-

-•Chapter 4; A Feral•-

[River POV]

"—I'm going to faint from hunger here!"
Ivy and I scoff, she retorts, "Judy think of something other than takeout, like stake out."
"Reminds me of too much meat." He groaned.

They then began chatting about how they met, I hugged my shoulders looking down, "Cat, you alright?" I hear Player from the laptop, "I'm ok, Player." I chuckle awkwardly. "Ok, whatever you say Cat."

"–Player's Intel was spot on." Carmen snapped us out of our conversation, "it's Dr Saira Bellum's R&D lab. But something tells me R doesn't stand for Rubies."
I finish, "or D for Dollars.."
"OR DONUTS!" Zack yells.

"Whoa Carm, you're wear a coat? It's like 110 degrees." Ivy asked shocked, I knew that coat had more meaning than warmth.
"A lady needs her tools." She gestured to all the tools in her jacket. I chuckled, "maybe too much." She continued ignoring me, "Plan A; bring out Red Drone."
"Red Drone has visuals." Player piped up, hearing the faint typing through the feed.
I let out a low whistle, as Ivy speaks, "And in she goes."
"Wait?!" Zack cuts in, "Red's a she? Red Drone's awesome!"
"Of course she's a she." Ivy scoffs, I add on, "Let's be honest the most awesome person we know is a she, Carmen!"
"What about me Cat?"
"What about you?" I laugh. He huffs, embarrassed.

Sadly, no one was home, they had just left. Implying more work. But Carmen already had a plan, "Player, up for a fishing expedition?"

Meanwhile Zack almost ate some spores, if I didn't slap him away. "OUCH! Riv what was that for?"

"They look like spores, moron." I began, Player adds, "Superspores actually Cat. They feed on rice."

"What do you mean, feed on the rice?" Carmen asks.

"Just how it sounds, Red. These Superspores take to grain like termites to wood. According to Bellum's research, these organisms can wipe out entire crops in a matter of hours."

Carmen's eyes narrow, "A bio weapon."

They began to discuss on the location and we finalised where our target is? We head on the road...Where we had an interruption,
A feral cat.