The Dreaded Sick Fic

TW: Vomit, sickness
If this sucks: I have emetophobia to a point where I can and will actively avoid food in terror of getting sick SOOOOOO........
therapist, you better be the most proud of me you've ever been (he's not gonna read this haha) (I'd die of embarrassment) (someone give me some hot cocoa)
(Hot dang *this is the author not even half way through the fic* maybe I should just write about hospital experiences - now those have some wack stories and some good ship material)

THUMP!

"Fuck..." Tam mumbled, slowly forcing himself into a standing position.  The room seemed to sway back and forth as though he were on a boat as he stumbled in the general direction of the door.  He couldn't tell if he was hot or if he was cold, but either way everything ached.  Especially his head...

"Tam?  Did you fall?"  A gruff voice murmured from the other side of the room.

"Bathroom..." He managed to get out, attempting to walk again.  He rested one hand on the door frame and the other on his forehead where a migraine seemed to be forming.

Tam winced at the sound of a loud something hitting the ground and then a few more thumps before, without so much as a warning, he felt one arm wrap itself around his upper back and the other reach under his knees.

He closed his eyes as the light from the hallway entered his vision and the door was opened.  He felt whoever was carrying him crash into a wall before cursing and continuing forward until they reached their destination.

Tam was sat on the ground and not giving it a second thought, he crawled towards the toilet where his stomach began turning and the sound of him retching began echoing through the small room.

Why did this have to be happening to him?  He was fine yesterday.  What if he got Linh sick?  He couldn't get Linh sick.  But he also really didn't want to be alone...  Because right now, that sounded utterly terrifying.

Tears squeezed their way out of his eyes as he let out a small whimper inbetween retching.  Everything hurt and the room was spinning and he was scarred.

It took him a moment to realize that someone (probably whoever had carried him in there) had moved to sit behind him and was not only holding up his bangs, but was also rubbing the small of his back in soothing patterns.

"It's okay, Tammy.  Shh..."  The voice from earlier said.  However, it sounded more worried and calming rather than gruff and tired.

After a few minutes - or maybe it was just one, it was hard to tell - Tam's stomach finally seemed to settle a bit.  He waited a few seconds before leaning back into the other's arms.  Despite the practically blinding light, he tilted his head back a it and looked up to find that it was Keefe who'd been comforting him.

He shouldn't have been surprised given the fact that the Blackswan (for whatever reason) decided that it'd be a good idea to make them roommates while they stayed at the hideout, but it was still slightly shocking that the Empath wouldn't sit there and make fun of him.

He closed his eyes again and hummed as Keefe's hand carded through his hair, the hand that'd been resting on his back leaving him most likely in favor of acting as a support beam.

All the sudden he felt like crying.  He didn't deserve to have anyone comfort him especially after he'd woken them up.  And he really didn't want to be sick, God please don't let him be sick.  And he was still worried that he'd accidentally infected Linh and he couldn't imagine her going through this...

His body began shaking as his lip trembled and he looked back down.  He was cold, and he was a burden, and everything hurt.

"Shh..  It's okay," Keefe said gently.  He continued to run his fingers through Tam's probably very sweaty hair.  "You're gonna be okay.  It'll pass and then you can go back to making fun of my hair."