Chap 6

Alexis' POV

A few weeks passed. I was sitting on the couch with Drew watching Disney channel. "I need something sweet to eat," I said.

"I'm sweet," said Drew.

"Yeah, sure you are," I said getting up. "Any suggestions?"

"There should be some snowballs on the top shelf near the sink," said Drew. "Top cabinet. You might need the ladder."

"Shut up," I said. "I know I'm short." I walked into the kitchen and got on the step stool. I still couldn't see it. "Come on." I heard someone walk in and I thought it was Drew. "Hey Drew. I can't find the snowballs." I took one wrong step and fell but someone caught me. I opened my eyes. "Jayk, thanks." I sighed as he put me down. "You saved my life."

"The snowballs are over here," said Jayk as he handed me the box. "Why are you looking for these?"

"I need something for my sweet tooth," I said grabbing one.

"Whoa, healthy eating water drinking girl has a sweet tooth?" asked Jayk.

"I deserve something sweet once in a while," I said. "I'm not just always eating healthy."

"Rawr," said Jayk as Blake walked in. "Your girl has got some bite in her."

"Shut up," said Blake. "She's not my girl."

"Whatever," said Jayk walking out.

"Are you having fun?" asked Blake.

"Define fun," I said. "Since I started here, the most fun I've had was with Drew."

"With Drew?" asked Blake.

"I'm never bored with him," I said. "I'm not happy I quit college." I looked at Blake. "I gave up my dream of practically becoming an agent to be here with you guys."

"Alexis," said Jonnie walking in. "Meet Me In My Dreams featuring you has climbed to the top ten than it has with just the guys."

"Well, I'm glad you're happy because I'm not," I said as I stormed off. I closed the door to my room and sat in front of my door crying. I quit my dream, I quit my education, I quit my chances of getting my career all for what? Making the guys happy. I knew what I had to do. I grabbed my backpack. I grabbed my saving box from the closet and counted the money. "Perfect." I packed as much of my clothes as I can and wrote a note. I left it on the bed and climbed through the window. I carefully clibed down the side of the house. I got my keys out of my pocket. I could see Drew, Jayk, and Devin laughing in the living room. I let a tear roll down my cheek. I looked at my keys and back at the guys. "Goodbye." I put my keys on the hood of my car and started walking. I came to a motel and rented a room for a night. I sat on the bed and texted my best friend, Derek Morgan to meet me. There was a knock on the door. I opened the door and Derek hugged me. "Hey." I closed the door. "Are you sure nobody followed you?"

"Yeah," said Derek. "Where's your car?"

"I ditched it," I said. "Left it at the house." I looked at Derek. "I'm leaving the guys and I need to make it to Quantico."

"They're going to find you, Alexis," said Derek. "They know you."

"Exactly, which is why I asked myself who better to turn to than the Derek Morgan himself," I said. "I thought maybe you would be able to help. Guess I was wrong."

"Alexis, I'm going to help," said Derek. "Just gotta change you." I looked at him. "But we can't change what you do because they're expecting that."