Chapter 7: I'm better at archery than Percy

After the bathroom incident the ares kids kept their distance from Percy and I but it didn't stop them from giving us death glares and whispering things. As the week went on we got accustomed to the Hermes cabins schedule. Along with it luke was helping us trying to figure out who out godly parent likely was.

"Ok I want you two to race this wood nymph." He told us as the wood nymph smiled at us. I rolled my eyes at her and got into place next to Percy. Luke rose his hand up in the air. "On your mark, get ready, set go." He said while pulling his hand down. I started running and was ahead of the wood nymph for a bit before she breezed past me. I got to the finish line and Percy came in 5 seconds later.
Luke looked at us both. "You could be a Hermes kid Bernell based on how close that race was." I scrunched up my nose a bit at the thought of that. I shrugged my shoulders a bit. "And Percy well I think we can rule out the god of messengers for you." Like said jokingly. Percy nodded while still panting for air.

The next day Luke took us to the forges to see if we could make anything but the only thing that ended up happening was me breaking a sword and Percy's sleeve caring on fire. Which was kind of funny to watch. So we can check off Hephaestus from our godly parent list.

Lastly was archery. We all went down to the range which was mainly filled with Apollo kids and a couple of Athena kids. Luke handed us both a bow and a quiver of arrows. We both got into place. Percy picked up his first arrow and aimed for the target and released his arrow. He ended up completely missing and hitting a tree that was about a foot away from the range. I chuckled a bit before Percy turned and gave me a playful annoyed look. "Why don't you try?" He told me a bit sassily. I shrugged and picked up an arrow and put in on the string before pulling back and aiming it at the target. My eyes lined up with it I took a deep breathe and released as I let go. The arrow soared through the air before implanting itself right into the bullseye. Percy looked at me with awe while Luke told me to do it again. I picked up another arrow and shot and it went into the bullseye again. I did this about 5 more times before luke told me to stop. He looked at me with contemplation. "With the way you were shooting those arrows it is a high possibility that Apollo is your dad but who knows." He said nonchalantly. For some reason I felt that he knew more about who my parent was than i did. But for the moment I decided not to worry about it too much.

Thursday the Hermes went to the arena to work on sword fighting. Luke was in charge of teaching us. He asked do a volunteer and his eyes landed on me before I glared at him and he moved over to Percy and asked him to come up. He showed a string of moves and told us to partner up. I got with a random Hermes kid and picked up a sword and faced him. We took turns practicing the moves. I wasn't that good the sword felt awkward in my hand. We practice for 20 minutes before taking a break. We all got water and watched as Luke poured water over his head. Percy did the same thing and looked very refreshed from it. We all went back to Luke and watched him show us another move a disarming one. He then asked Percy to try it. But instead of doing the one luke just showed us he did a very different one that left everyone shocked including Luke. Looking shock and angry for a second he shook out if it and told Percy to try it again. And Percy tried but seemed to only be able to do it once. Practice went on until it was time for dinner and we all headed out. As we walked I thought about the flash of anger
In Luke's eyes after Percy disarmed him. It was on there for a second but I was able to notice it and it concerned me a bit. I decided that I'd need to keep a close eye on luke because I didn't trust.