Chapter one

Authors note: well I don't have a clue whether or not to continue this when I'm done. Just know, I'm so unreliable I will never post on the right day so keep that in mind. Also if this does end on a cliffhanger and you want more just let me know! (bc I will write another chapter just for you bro) 

Natsu POV

            Natsu was sitting across from Lucy not touching his food. He hadn't been the least bit in the mood to eat in about a week. Lucy was getting concerned so she kept buying him food. "Lucy don't waste your money on me." "Without you, I wouldn't have money, so just stop!" She said that every time. She was kind yet demanding, Natsu thought that was pretty unique about her. That didn't change the fact that he felt like crap though.

            He wasn't just not eating now, he couldn't sleep last night either. Of course, Lucy didn't know that though. He was surprised that she had yet to notice the purple bags under his eyes.

      Natsu started feeling that familiar sensation in his hands and it spread to his lower arms. It felt like a tingle at first, but he knew all too well that if he fought it, it would burn, and the burning would get worse, and worse until he was crying on the floor. Why now?  This was the first time it had happened at the guildhall.

He decided that he would fight it so the claws wouldn't come out. This was not going to happen in the guildhall. He tried to get out of the seat and ended up falling on the floor. That made a scene. Shoot! Most of the guild was laughing, while others like Mira and Wendy asked if he was okay.

He was going to tell them a simple "I'm fine"  but soon remembered he had lost hold of the demon and realized his hands were turning maroon in front of the guild. Thankfully it didn't look like anyone noticed before he tucked his hands in his shirt and ran out of the guild. He ran to the nearby forest knowing what came next.

He hid behind a tree already groaning in agony.

Lucy's POV

              Natsu hasn't really been himself lately. He was more secretive, he wasn't eating as she could tell, and she didn't need confirmation that he wasn't sleeping either. Lucy regularly didn't have to worry about these things with Natsu, he usually took care of himself just fine. Just now confirmed her theory that he was hiding something. He tripped over his own chair and looked to be in pain beforehand, then she saw his hands which were a dark maroon, and he hid them in his shirt.

    She didn't need to think to run after him. He ran to the forest, and she followed subconsciously hoping he couldn't smell her behind him. He ventured a small way into the forest before he sat behind a tree breathing heavily. She spied on him from behind a nearby tree, he started grabbing his head groaning in pain. She stood there watching him in horror for about 30 minutes, it looked as if the pain was gradually getting worse as his choked grunts, gradually turned to muffled screams behind his hand.

Once it looked like the whole ordeal was over and he was on the forest floor, covering his face trying to hide his tears. She came running out of her hiding place kneeling beside his crippled form. He saw her and tried to stand up, but he passed out right there and fell to the ground. Lucy looked at him in pity, trying to understand what just happened to him. She tried to drag him to her house but that worked for maybe a meter.

She soon realized the forest floor was ripping up his skin. She then decided to do it piggyback style, which worked a thousand times better but did earn her some stares on her way through town to her house. She laid him down on her bed and collapsed beside him, exhausted. She needed to write something.

Natsu's POV

He woke up in Lucy's bed. She saw one of his episodes. That was supposed to stay secret. He spotted Lucy resting her head against the desk sleeping next to a pushed aside paper. He was going to leave right away, but his curiosity got the best of him. He quietly got out of bed and walked to where Lucy was sleeping. kill her.no. He quickly read the note beside her, which contained all the details of his episode in the forest, To Makarov. No, that letter is not reaching Makarov. He grabbed it and quietly jumped out the window. He burned it to ashes.

Lucy's POV

Lucy woke up on her desk trying to remember some important thing she was supposed to do. The letter. oh yeah! She grabbed for it only to feel nothing, she checked under the desk, around her room, everywhere! That stupid letter was not to be found. She soon realized the letter was not the only thing missing Natsu was gone. The window was open. "That idiot," she whispered. She looked down from the window to the town, not really expecting him to be there. She did see something else though, ashes scattered over the sidewalk. Somehow she just knew that that was her missing letter.