Chapter 15: The Rejection.

Oliver reacts quickly and pulls from me again. I know what is going to happen next and I know why my mom and Jamie were afraid to tell him but I couldn't lie anymore.

"I, Alpha Oliver Reid Rodger, reject you, Nora Rosa Vera." Oliver spits like my name is poison to him. Tears slid down my cheeks and I hold choking a sob.

"Okay" I say calmly. I grab what's left of my pride and walk away. I know I lied to him but this was a secret my father doesn't even know. Tears drip from my eyes and I descend the stair case. Doreen catches me at the bottom of the stairs with a worried look.

"Nora, I heard that Oliver rejected you. That is not possible, he loves you." She gasps, I lose my composure and fall to the floor sobbing. Doreen joins me on the floor and I sob into her shoulder. She doesn't ask any more questions she just holds. After a half-hour I open my eyes and see that Oliver has made his way to the area we are in. I stand up to wipe my eyes and walk to the door I see a gleam of resentment in his eyes but I hold my head high and leave. Doreen follows me and offers me a ride home and I agree. She takes me as far as she can and I walk the rest of her way. I make it to my room and fall asleep that's how I spent my weekend. When Monday comes along I am still wallowing in my self-pity. Sophie knocks on my door and enters, this is the first time I have seen anyone, I must have forgotten to lock my door.

"Eleonora Vera, what the hell is going on? You have been locked in here for two days and won't talk to us or eat. By the smell you haven't showered either, I want answers!" She said taking a seat in the office chair near the door. I flip on my belly and shove my face into the pillow I then let out a screech. Sophie finally got frustrated and left my room. I lay there for a few more days before I hear a knock on my door.

"I'm not coming out to talk or eat!" I yell, I then flip back onto my stomach and cover my head with my pillow. The person knocks again then I hear the door click open. "I said I am not coming... Oh, nan, I wasn't expecting to see you." I say sitting up.

"Get cleaned up and meet me downstairs. No, if ands or buts about it you will be downstairs within the hour." She said firmly. I nod getting out of my bed and heading to my bathroom. I walk in and look at myself in the mirror. My normally sky blue eyes appear a sea green color against the red puffiness of my eyes. My light brown is now dark brown and greasy. My normally beautiful skin is oily and I question how I let myself get like that. I am glad nan came or I would have wallowed for a while longer. She did and now I hop in the shower and clean my hair, body, and face then hop out and get dressed in a beautiful red dress that brushed the knee. It had lace sleeves that pass just below the elbow. I looked okay, I pulled my hair into a high ponytail then headed downstairs. I felt a bit better physically but not emotionally, nan was sitting in the living room talking to my father and Sophie.

"Hey, nan, I'm ready." I tell her letting my head hang in shame of the hell I have put both my father and Sophie thought.

"I'll have her back later, Eric. Before we leave please have someone clean her room it smells like a farm." My nan said then grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. She walked me to the car and I got in. She started to drive and there was a pit in my stomach I just couldn't shake. When we reached nan's house she just pulled me to the patio.

"So spill, you are not the type of person to wallow honey. What happened?" She asked concerned. I roll my eyes and slouch into my chair.

"Nan, I don't want to talk about it." I tell her embracing the rays of the sun on my skin.

"Fine, then tell me about your mate. I heard you met him." She smiles.

"I don't want to talk about him either." I tell her now flipped away from her.

"Nora, please, tell me honey." She begs and she rubs my arm, which finally sents me over the edge. I start sobbing into the chair and nan quickly gets up and holds me.

"Nan, it hurts so much. He rejected me, he doesn't want me." I manage to sob out letting her know what is going on.

"Nora, if he rejected you honey your mate marks would have turned red and become itchy. Honey, did he say your full name?" She asked, I didn't really question her.

"He said Nora Rosa Vera, he didn't call me by my real name." I state just realizing what happened.

"Honey, it isn't official, it hurts that bad because he didn't use your full name honey. If I were you, I know it's going to hurt more, but I would have him reject you the right way and it won't hurt you'll be numb." She tells me with a small smile. I leave her arms I start running letting my legs carry me to where they want to go. I end up jogging to the cliffs I sit on the edge and look down towards the water. I wish I didn't miss him, I wish my heart didn't hurt a little while I thought of him. As I sit there I start to feel nothing just watching the water and watching it make my problems seem small.

Hours have passed as I just sit here feeling nothing watching the wave violently crash on to the cliff walls. I hear someone approaching and I not sure who it was. I quickly hop behind a tree and wait for someone to approach.

"So Oliver is now open to dating?" a blonde girl questioned.

"I guess, I see him all over Monica at school. I invited them to the party to see what's going on. I thought for sure that Eleonora would be his mate and our luna but I haven't seen her in days." The boy with short brown hair told her.

"Alright, Max enough with the gossip help me set up!" The beautiful blonde cries. I quick and quietly make my way through the woods. I make it to my house without anyone spotting me, I am going to school and show that I am not hurt by him. I am but he can kiss my ass if he thinks I am not going to show it. If he can have girls all over him, I will just show him who he is playing with. I know I am playing with fire but I am willing to get burned. 

_________________

Thanks for reading 

Comment 

Vote 

Share 

~Morgan