Chapter One: Llobu

Lia's heart pounded in her ears. The blazing red sun made her neck sweat. She willed her legs to move, but they couldn't . They wouldn't. She gripped her dog tag that had a wolf paw engraved on it. Lia's mouth wouldn't move. Her lips went dry. She turned in the alley, looking behind her.

She was here. Her blue-grey eyes glinted at Lia under the moonlight. The sun had set, and darkness had come. Now was the time she would strike. "You know," she began, swinging the dagger she had in her hand. "For the holder of the Wolf Charm, you sure are a fraidy-cat." Bracing for pain, Lia stood, staring at her.

"I won't hurt you." She began again. "If you give me what I want." The girl indicated to the wolf charm. Finally, something came out of Lia's mouth.

"Never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Llobu is off the grid. I can't find her anywhere." Alex reported. It was broad daylight, and people were gawking at the person on the roof.

"You're saying we lost another Charm?" The com in her ear buzzed.

"Affirmative." Alex's transformation costume made her look like a cheetah, with a thin tail and mask. There were spotted ears on her head, and her brown hair was down. "Patrol, it's six in the morning. My family will be wondering-"

"Go home. We'll send Hopp." The com sent a whirring sound in her ear, signalling Patrol had hung up on her. Alex sighed, and ran back to her house. The familiar speed granted by her special power, Lightning, helping her get there in record time.

Nobody at C.H.A.R.M Headquarters knew each others' names. They only had code names. The C.H.A.R.M Organization picked teenagers sixteen or older and gave them magical jewelry- necklaces, bracelets, earrings, anklets, anything they could make- that changed them into righters of wrong.

But someone wanted the jewels for themselves. They had so far lost the Wolf, Cat, Dragonfly, Lynx, Dolphin, and Lion Charms. There was only the Cheetah, Fox, Grasshopper, Bee, Ram Sea Turtle, Penguin, Jaguar, Panda and Otter Charms left. The only two adults holding a Charm were the leaders, Otto and Seara. They held the Otter and Sea Turtle Charm.

What Otto and Seara didn't know was that the girl with blue-grey eyes would complete her collection. It was only a matter of time.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Alex grumbled, and then rolled over to see what time it was. "AGH!" A loud shriek escaped her, and she rolled off her bed as quickly as possible, shoving a sweatshirt on and running out the door. Lucky for Alex, she lived near the school, so it wasn't long before she was bursting through the doors. The bell rang, a shrill, commanding sound, as Alex shoved the doors to the school open, gripping her satchel. "Crap." Alex murmured. Her locker opened as she put in her combination, grabbed her Chemistry I books, and ran through the crowd of people.

Alex finally reached her Chemistry class and sat in her regular seat. I can't believe I went home and fell asleep! She scolded herself. "Brandon." Mrs. Katie bellowed. "Here." "Lillian." "Here!" There was a long pause. "Alex, why weren't you here first period?" "I overslept." The class snickered.

The pockets inside her jacket shook. She elbowed them, hearing a rather irritated Rahr! "Did you bring a cat?" "No!" Alex practically yelped. The movement in her inside pocket stopped abruptly.

Mrs. Katie went back to the board, and Alex glanced at her anklet. It was glowing. Alex shot her hand in the air, and Mrs. Katie abruptly turned around. "Yes, Alex?" "I- May I go to the restroom?" Mrs. Katie grumbled. "Be quick."