Chapter 7: The Sun, The Moon, The Truth

In a bright flash of light, Eruku- and Rebelle, more importantly- was gone. Lightning groaned, rolling onto her side and rubbing her head. "R-Ramu?" Ramu shushed her. "We're going back to headquarters. She isn't here, and- and you uh- fell?" Ramu said as nonchalantly as possible, hoping she'd buy it.

Lightning nodded. "Spot doesn't- she isn't gonna hold until we get back to headquarters-" She whispered, sighing.

"Who- who's Spot? Your guardian?" Lightning nodded. "O-Ok, well, I mean- we'll be quick, I can teleport us-" Lightning shook her head.

"No- no- you just- close your eyes." Ramu turned around, bracing as a brilliant brown light flashed behind him. He heard a cheetah scratch something, and then Lightning yelping and giving something to the being. "That was uncalled for, Spot." Ramu laughed.

The mini cheetah was quick to retort. "You getting knocked into a metal door and me taking most of the pain was uncalled for!" Spot whined. "That hurt. You need to be more careful. Where'd she go? Rebelle was here-" Lightning laughed.

"No, no, Spot, I fell! It was just a fall, that's all." Spot froze.

"Oh. Well, don't keep Ramu waiting! I've eaten- let's transform." Lightning nodded.

"Spot, let's run!" In another brilliant flash of brown light, Lightning was up and ready to go. Ramu turned to face her.

"Your guardian is a lot like mine. Real spunky." Lightning laughed. "Well, it's getting bright. Anything I missed while I was knocked out?" Ramu thought for a moment, not responding.

"Oh... nothing worth mentioning." Ramu rubbed the back of his neck, a habit of his when he got nervous. Or when he was lying.

"We should head back to headquarters before full out morning hits us. Trust me, we don't want to be in the light when the people start their morning commutes." At this, Ramu laughed.

Soon, they were back at headquarters, and Lightning was in her room. Ramu, however, was busy banging on Searra's office door. Otto answered, his expression distraught. "Ramu? What's the mat-" Otto was pushed out of the way, and Ramu slammed the door behind him.

"What did you do to Eruku?" he hissed, face red with rage. He knew what could happen if he lost his temper while holding the Ram miraculous- but he didn't care. Searra opened her mouth to speak, before Ramu cut her off. "Don't give me that 'It was for the good of the C.H.A.R.Ms.' crap." Otto was fidgeting with his tail in the corner, eyebrows drawn together in concern.

Searra got up, standing to face him. "Don't lose your temper with me, mortal." Otto looked up at her, but quickly back down.

"Don't lie to me, immortal." Ramu spat. They were practically inches apart, fuming at each other.

"Guys?" Otto squeaked. They both snapped their necks toward him. "I'm sure we can- talk about this without it getting out of hand..." Ramu huffed.

"Like how you spoke to Eruku?" It was silent in the office for a brief second, until Searra piped up.

"She was getting too powerful, and you knew it."

"She could've been our most powerful asset! You were just scared- admit it! How many other C.H.A.R.M holders have you murdered- for your advantage!" Ramu's eyes flicked from their calm hazel to fully black and back again as he spoke.

"Ramu- please- calm down-" Otto whispered to him. Ramu turned to face him, eyes fully black again.

"We wouldn't be having this conversation if you hadn't lied to me about what you did to Eruku!" Ramu boomed. Searra held up her hand as to silence him.