Chapter Five: Dust or Gold

Rebelle hummed as she set the Wolf C.H.A.R.M down on her desk. "Good work today, Claw." She said quietly to the guardian, who sat by the dog tag.

"Thank-Thank you, master..." Claw quietly said as Rebelle set a small piece of meat at her claws.

"Eat quickly, my dear wolf... I don't know if I'll use you, or Chitin tomorrow. I suppose I'll use Chitin if I need to fly quickly..." The dragonfly looked up from their C.H.A.R.M, which they were sitting on. "I do quite wish Otto and Searra hadn't damaged the- oh, there I go again... rambling about the past. I do suppose I should ramble about it, if I am angry. Hm. Questions, questions."

Leap, the guardian of the Lynx C.H.A.R.M, stood from their sitting position. "I'm tired of you... you using us. You enslave our keepers, make us do your bidding, and for what- to heal the past?" Rebelle turned to look at Leap, her eyes glinting in the dim light that her headquarters held.

"I'll have you know, Leap..." The Lynx Guardian started slowly backing up as Rebelle stalked toward them. "That I am not, per say, enslaving your keepers, more than... using them... as hosts. Just like I do to Lia, poor Claw's holder. Hm. She was harder to break than most, however." Rebelle looked toward Claw, who only looked down to the table they sat on.

"See, Claw knows her place. Now, unless you want your keeper to have an unfortunate accident... I would learn my place... and learn it quickly." Leap nodded, looking down. "Now, what do you say?" "I am sorry, my keeper." Leap would respond through gritted teeth. "Good Lynx." Rebelle lightly laughed, walking toward a room with an iron door and punching in a code. The door soon opened, revealing a room with one singular C.H.A.R.M in it, though the guardians could not see which one it was.

Rebelle shut the door behind her, sighing. The nineteen year old would take off her cloak, inhaling sharply as the cold air hit her arms. She would gaze at the scars littered among the skin there, and mumble. "I can't believe they thought a mere incantation would break me... I suppose it did scar me up." Rebelle would walk toward a glass box, where a ring sat.

"Oh, Domino... if only they didn't injure you... I could be so much more powerful..." Rebelle lifted the glass box off of the ring, and lightly ran her fingers over the crack in the metal. The C.H.A.R.M flickered for a moment.

.. -.-. .-.. -.-- -. --..-- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . --..-- / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.. --- / - .... .. ...

"Iclyn, please, don't do this-"

Before the blinking could finish, Rebelle started tapping the ring in a similar rhythmic sequence.

-.. --- -. .----. - / -.. --- / .-- .... .- - ..--.. / .. .----. -- / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .--. .-. --- - . -.-. - .. -. --. / -- -.-- / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. -.-- --..-- / . .-. ..- -.- ..- .-.-.-

"Don't do what? I'm only protecting my family,Domino."

After that, the ring darkened. Rebelle sighed, putting her cloak back on and walking towards the door. "Sleep well,Domino."

What Rebelle didn't know, however, was what the ring did after she left. As the door closed, the ring started blinking again. With much difficulty, the ring managed to blink out a sentence.

... --- -- . / .-.. . --. . -. -.. ... / .- .-. . / - --- .-.. -.. --..-- / ... --- -- . / - ..- .-. -. / - --- / -.. ..- ... - / --- .-. / --. --- .-.. -.. .-.-.-

"Some legends are told, some turn to dust or gold."

Rebelle shut the door to the room, whipping her head in the direction of the guardians. "Now... who would like to tell me where C.H.A.R.M Headquarters has been moved to?"