Elevator

Paige's POV

I walked into the hotel and waited for the elevator to open. I suddenly had a flashback about Dean holding my hand. It felt weird, this cheap thrill feeling inside but who am I kidding? He has a girlfriend. I've only known him for a short period of time which was a while ago. The closest thing we had in NXT/FCW was a 'Hi' and 'Hello' but most of it was just watching his matches against Seth and the others. Get yourself together Paige, I mentally scolded myself.

"So, are you not going inside?" I heard a deep voice behind me that had me cut me off from my own thoughts. "What?" I turned around to meet the Dean Ambrose. "Oh yeah, I was lost in thought," I explained as I went inside the elevator. "I thought you went ahead, so where to?" he looked at me with those icy blue eyes which were locked into mines. "Uhhh . . . 5," I replied nonchalantly. "Same floor aren't we?" he smiled at me. I smiled back, waiting for the elevator to reach level 5 when all of a sudden the power shut down. "You've got to be kidding me?" Dean whined.

I moved slowly to find the corner of the elevator when I bumped into Dean. I screamed at the top of my lungs. "It's okay, it's me." I can feel his hands on my shoulder giving me the assurance that it was him. "I hate being in the dark." I can hear my own voice trembling. "There's no signal here, great just great," he said. "What are we going to do?" I asked. "I guess we have to sit this one out until powers back on," he suggested.

For the next hour, we talked about random things to a point we both talked about ghost stories and the 'what ifs' inside the elevator. I maybe into dark things but not the paranormal, I felt a bit of discomfort and shifted myself when I felt Dean placed his leather jacket on my lap. "It's getting cold and you should get some sleep," he said. "What about you?" I asked. I can feel Dean placing his arm on my back and pulled me closer. "Get some sleep Paige." He chuckled.

"I'm not sleepy . . ." I whined. I heard Dean hushing me as he brushed his fingers on my hair and everything went black.

Dean's POV

"Paige?" I asked to check if she was still awake. But it seems she's already asleep. I never thought I'd get extra time with her again and of all places and situation. I turned the light on to my phone to see what she looks like sleeping, she's adorable. I looked at the time on my phone it was already 2:00 AM, I should get some sleep as well.

"Dean, Paige, are you guys there?" I heard Seth calling out at the other side. "Yeah, what took you guys so long?" I asked. "Stop whining the maintenance staff is here," Seth said.

I can feel Paige moved, "Paige?" I asked. "What's going on?" her voice cracking from in between awake and sleep. "The maintenance staff is here and they're going to get us out of here." I said. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah, you should rest a bit longer." As I hold her close to me waiting for the elevator door to open.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter. Feel free to comment. I'd appreciate that. And thank you for the encouragement.