day xliii & day xliv

Day XLIII

Wanda cried, as Thomson moved back, buttoning his pants back up. Matthews walked in with a grin. "My spider is missing. But my friend here said I can have you."

Wanda's eyes widened. She tried to fight, but she was unable to move. Matthews walked to her and turned her over. He leaned over her. "You're going to enjoy this. Your friend did."

Wanda and Peter stared at the sky. They could hear the other Avengers, Bartons and May set up for a barbeque. Wanda and Peter were allowed to not help, and both ran off. Peter and Wanda decided to take in the sun and fresh air.

"I'm really happy we survived," Peter whispered, turning to Wanda.

"Barely," Wanda responded, her eyes shifting to her hand. Her neck still had scars around them.

"We won," Peter told her, rolling over to look at her. Wanda stared at the clouds above.

"Do you think we can move on front what they did to us? That I'd be okay to look at myself in the mirror and not hate myself?" Wanda asked, laughing drily.

"I do, one day," Peter replied, giving her a small smile. "We have try. We can't live in fear. We can't live with this. We'll have to be stronger and move forward. I don't want to feel dirty all the time."

Wanda bit her lip, but let out a sob. Peter looked at her as her tears dripped down the sides of her face. He reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry you had to go through it alone the second time. I wish you didn't. If you ever need to talk, you can talk to me. You know that right?"

"He couldn't have you," Wanda whispered, opening her eyes. She stared up ahead, not wanting to his face. "He wanted you and he couldn't have you, so he used me. Fucked me like he would you. All those threats he made, he went through with them, They both did."

Peter moved to hug her. Wanda cried into his shoulder while the younger teen held her. He rubbed her back. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Wanda closed her eyes and leaned into Peter.

x

Peter's head was on her lap, as he slept. Wanda gently ran her hand through his hair, watching him. She could remember doing the same with Pietro. She looked over when she heard footsteps getting closer to her, her hands glowing red. She relaxed when she saw Clint moving to sit next to her. "I-I'm sorry, about what I did to you," Wanda whispered, turning to Clint.

The archer turned to look at the girl. "I don't hold it against you, you do know that right?" Wanda didn't answer. "Your brother is dead because of me." Wanda looked at him, tears in her eyes. "It's my job to make sure you are safe."

"You have your own kids to worry about."

"We love you Wanda, but you are an idiot. Laura and I talked after she met you. And if it weren't for the fact that you had so much to worry about, we would have adopted you. We love you as our own."

"Y-you were?"

Clint gave her a nod. "Yeah. But I'm glad we didn't."

"Why?"

"Because you got two more fathers and another mother. Steve, Tony and Nat would do anything for you two."

Wanda turned to the people in question. She saw how they were all eating their food. "Really?"

"Don't be an idiot Wanda," Peter muttered in his sleep. "Even I can see that."

Clint reached over and pulled Wanda in for a hug. "Don't forget that you have people who love you." He looked down at Peter. "Both of you do."