day xlvii & day xlviii

Day XLVII

"We're going to start training tomorrow," Steve told the team, who all looked surprised. He saw the Avengers eying Wanda and Peter, the former tensing up. "The world still needs saving, and if we don't do that, no one will."

"I want to go back to school," Peter said, his eyes on Tony. The man gave him an encouraging smile.

"Y-you are?" Wanda asked him, her voice small.

Peter nodded, his eyes shifting over to Natasha, smiling, "They can't control me. They can't scare me. I can't let them win. I have to stand and fight. I have to be strong. Going to school is something I have to do. I can't let what happened dictate my life."

Steve could watch Wanda fight with herself, before nodding. "I-I want to train too."

Steve nodded. "We'll start tomorrow."

x

Later that day, the Avengers and May sat around the dinner table, a last dinner before Peter went back home for a while. Wanda stayed close to Peter, not wanting to be away from him for too long. She had wanted to start training again, but she was scared to be without him. Peter was the reason she was able to deal with the last few weeks. He was the only person who knew somewhat of what she was going through.

"Thank you for everything you have done," May said, looking at each of the Avengers, her eyes on Tony the most, knowing he had taken a huge role in her nephew's life.

"We wish we could have kept it all from happening, but he's family. There isn't anything we wouldn't do for family," Tony told her, his hand on the boy's shoulder.

Peter beamed up at him.

"Peter told us he is going back to school," Natasha told the woman, who gave her her attention, "You will let us know if anything happens? I'm sure he'll keep it to himself."

Aunt May took at the Black Widow with respect. "I will."

Peter blushed, his eyes on Natasha. The red haired woman shot him a smirk.

May turned to Wanda, who had been silent the whole dinner. "Peter told me you plan on training again?"

The older teenager looked up at the woman, biting her lip. Her eyes shifted to Peter, who gave her an encouraging smile, to Steve, who nodded. "Y-yeah."

"I know you're going to be great out there," the older woman said, her voice soft, "and I know you're going to save people just like you saved Peter. If you ever need anything, our home is always open."

Wanda gave the woman a smile. Peter leaned over as the adults shifted the conversation. "We're moving forward. And you now have one more person who believes in you. Don't ever forget."

"I won't."

x

Day XLVIII

Wanda wasn't able to sleep. Peter was gone, and she was going to start training again. She wasn't able to do much with her broken hand, but she would be able to use her powers. But every time she closed her eyes, she remembered what she had done under the control of the doctor.

It was her fear. That they had put another chip in and could take control again. It didn't matter if the doctor was dead or not. He wasn't alone.

There was a soft knock on her door. Sitting up, she walked to it and opened the door, seeing Steve smiling at her. "Are you ready? If you need more time, we understand."

The girl shook her head. "I'm ready."

Steve took a step forward, looking down at Wanda. "If you need anything."