Chapter 8: Assertive Bachelorette

"Chaeyeon-unnie, you totally look like you're about to worship the monitor." Minjoo giggled at the girl in front of her.

Chaeyeon has been staring at the screen, completely mesmerized with her mouth agape, eyes twinkling in pure fascination as her right hand intertwined with her lover's. A second later, her mouth finally closed shut but is replaced by a goofy smile with the doctor's words.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, Sakura-unnie, it seems like you'll have a baby girl." Minjoo smiled at them excitedly then proceeded to let the probe in her hand slide around Sakura's now big baby bump, showing more about how their child has been doing so far and how she looks like.

As the young doctor's explanation lengthened and became more specific, the new couple started getting more and more proud. Their unborn daughter, as expected, is completely healthy after they followed everything Minjoo had advised. Chaeyeon couldn't help but kiss Sakura's forehead in bliss. The older girl has finally entered her final trimester and is nearing her due date. Although they could know the baby's gender ever since her fourteenth week, they decided to find out later for no apparent reason.

"Should we throw a party?"

"What do you mean party?" Sakura flicked the younger girl's forehead while laughing.

"Ow! Hey! Baby, look! Your mom is bullying me." Chaeyeon pouted and talked to their daughter while rubbing the pain off her forehead. This interaction between them has been more frequent after the older girl's mood swings finally became rare.

"I'm fine without a baby shower. Everyone is busy."

"Pretty sure they're willing to free their schedule for our future daughter."

"It's okay. I don't want to disturb them. I'll be giving birth in less than two months. Let's just wait a bit." The older girl smiled at her in defeat.

Chaeyeon grinned while humming then kissed Sakura's hand. "Sorry, I'm just so excited to see her."

"I know. You're not the only one who's excited. I really wanna see her soon but she has to wait for a few more weeks to be healthier."

"Yeah. That's the most important part. Both of you have to be healthy." The younger girl chortled and leaned their foreheads together.

"We'll be okay. We have a good doctor, right, Minjoo?"

"Of course, unnie! I've been doing my best to make sure Sakura-unnie and your baby are healthy! She's also going to be my niece, you know!" The doctor, who just finished wiping off the ultrasound gel on Sakura's tummy, gave them a thumbs up.

"Ah, right. Unnie, how's your blood sugar level?" Minjoo looked at her while smiling brightly.

"It's been good lately. Not too high, not too low. I've also been drinking the teas you recommended to me."

"Glad you're doing a great job managing that. Well, if not, you won't be delivering your baby normally. We'll have to c-sec you if she grows too big." Minjoo smiled sheepishly at them.

Both Chaeyeon and Sakura rejected the idea of caesarian delivery so Minjoo had warned them beforehand to be prepared for the normal delivery. The pregnant woman has stopped eating too much sweets the moment she found out that the doctor might end up cutting her stomach open if her baby's size gets bigger than expected. She also had Chaeyeon monitor her food intake to which her lover gladly did.

"I'll do my best to maintain it. I'm really not a fan of cutting my stomach open." Sakura pouted and sulked but immediately beamed when she remembered her brilliant idea. "Oh, you know, guys. I'm kinda planning to give birth on the same day as Yujin's birthday."