1~Dawn "Tarzania" Anderson

{Edited on 10/20/16, re-published on 10/21/16 }

{Dawns P.O.V}

"I can't wait till the field trip to the zoo!!" Exclaimed one of the many popular girls at my school, this particular one, was Kayla. She was loud and obnoxious, but could be kind if she tried.
"It's gonna be so much fun!" Said another, her name was Kylie, she was one of the more athletic girls.
"I bet all Dawn is gonna do is wish she was with them! She loves animals so much might as well live with them!!" Whispered Allison, the most "popular" one and the leader of her little "gang" of girls.

I was just sitting by my favorite tree, sketching, until they started talking about me. They all sat on a bench by my special spot, so I could obviously tell what they were saying. It seemed like they sat there on purpose. They always make fun of me with my love of nature. They strangely call me "Tarzania." They say I'm the lost sister of Tarzan. Tch, to be honest it would be cool, but Tarzan is just a kids story. It was indeed a story I have enjoyed all my life. But I highly doubt that it would be true.

We were scheduled to go on a field trip to the zoo for our biology class and I was forced to be in the same group as Allison and her little group.

I was sketching a few squirrels while humming a song my grandmother taught me. She said it can calm the meanest animals and gain there trust. I highly doubted that a simple melody could hold so much power, but I trusted my grandmother. 

I wasn't pay attention to anyone, so I dosed off and began to silently sing to my self.

"The mighty lions Roar"

"The hearts of the true shall soar"

"The sky will be filled with fire"

"Unless you shall lift them higher"

"True kindness will have rewards"

"And if you shall keep my sword"

"The Tigers stripes you will earn"

I ended just in time to hear a few girls snickering and sighed when realized I was back to reality. I saw one of Allison's many friends, Kelsey, strut over to me, typing away in her phone.

"Hey Dawn, Allison told me to get you, it's time to go already."

She grabbed my arm and happily dragged me over to her parents limo. Yep, a limo. Allison was one of those richy rich kids that were spoiled by her parents. They mainly told, more like forced, her to invite me along since I didn't have a group to go with. I have known her for a long time, and her parents basically raised me when I was younger. I was shoved into the limo and made my way to the very back so could have my space to myself.

"Umm thanks for the ride Mr. And Mrs. Carmichael. You didn't really have to take me, I could have jus- "
She cut me off with a giggle. "It's no problem, deary! It always a pleasure to have you along!" Said Mrs. Carmichael in her unnaturally cheery voice.

I was sitting in the very back space of the limo, while Allison and here friends stayed near the front. All I could hear them talking about were all of the cute guys that were gonna be there, hoping if they have wifi, and just normal stuff a bunch of teenage girls would talk about.

"Hey Dawn! What are you looking forward to doing when we get here?" Asked Kayla, obviously bored by her tone of voice.

"Oh I'm just gonna take sketches of some of the animals for art, mainly the big cats, l-like lions and tigers..." I said shyly. I had brought my precious sketch book with me, which I tightly clutched to my chest.

"Oh! So you like big cats?" Asked Mr. Carmichael, I nodded a flooded back down at my sketch book, not liking the unwanted attention place upon me. "Well we have a few cat figurines that Allison doesn't want anymore that you can have if you'd like!" He said with a huge smile.

"Dad!? Why are you offering her those? They're on my shelf so I-" Allison retorted, but her mother was quick to cut her off.

"You never play with them any more, we might as well give them to someone who would actually appreciate it, hun."Said Mrs.Carrmichael

Allison scoffed and turned back to her friends, while her parents kept asking me questions and comments about my sketches. I saw Allison glaring at me and I could obviously tell she was upset. Her parents where giving me a lot of unneeded attention. I then saw a nasty smirk spread across her face as she whispered to all her friends. I shivered a bit, and then we finally pulled into the zoo parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I hope you all enjoy this edited chapter! You might not notice, but the word count went from 648 to 864 for this specific edited chapter! I really hope you all enjoy and I will edit the other chapters soon!!

Aqua Out! 🤓✌🏻️